one ❀

summary of this chapter ; eddie moves in and sees his old friends for the first time in forever

...

"apartment number twenty, best in the building!" stanley smiled at eddie.

an old friend, being reconnected for the first time in a long time. a new roommate. hopefully a new best friend.

stan unlocked the door and eddie smiled now, taking in the apartment, his new home, and pulling in his suitcases behind him. he absolutely adored it.

"this place is so instagram worthy." he commented, nodding to himself.

this caused stan to laugh.

"yeah, sure. whatever helps you sleep at night, eddie." he put the keys down on the counter next to the fridge, rearranging a few things that were out of place.

"which room is mine?"

"oh, the one to the left."

eddie nodded and went through the door. he was so going to take pictures for instagram in this place.

the door swung open, two men walking in.

"men are here."

"both of you stop that stupid caveman voice." stanley scoffed, enunciating the word 'stupid.'

"love you too, stan." richie gave stupid finger guns and mike laughed. stan rolled his eyes again.

"so, who's your new roommate?" mike asked.

richie stood quietly, fiddling with his thumbs.

"eddie kaspbrak. from middle school."

"EDS!" richie shouted.

"please god, please." eddie whispered, holding his fingers crossed together, his eyes shut, walking slowly out of his bedroom.

"EDS!" richie repeated, now swooping in and hugging - no, tackling - eddie into a one-sided hug.

"stan, please don't tell me-"

"we live right across the hall!" richie cheers.

eventually, richie let eddie go, and eddie went and hugged mike.