Chapter 2 - I'll Stay on my Side, if You Stay on Your Side

Start from the beginning

"I'll take five off if you make it to-go." Alby moaned returning his attention to Minho who merely smirked even wider, letting all who doubted the pair's cunning know that had been Thomas's plan all along.

"Sounds fair!" Minho replied cheerily, sarcasm dripping from his lips. "Gimme the Keeper's special. Thomas will take a white chocolate mocha." He listed off, sobering up some as he pulled out his wallet and slapped the bargained amount down on the counter.

"I thought he wanted something as 'dark as his soul?" Alby questioned distractedly as he pushed off the counter and began moving around the out-front kitchen, going over practiced procedures with routine perfection.

"Have you ever met Thomas?" Minho scoffed lightly and Alby merley gazed thoughtfully at the white liquid he'd been steadily pouring into a cup he'd scribbled the word "Asshat" onto before nodding in understanding. "Besides, Thomas hates-"

"Bitter things. I know, Minho." Alby huffed, popping the lid on the finished drink before scrawling the title "Dickface" onto a similar cup. "You've told me. 17 different times, in fact."

"Told you what 17 different times?" This question came from Thomas, who had resurfaced and now swooped in to grab his finished coffee off the counter, humming contentedly at the feeling of the warm cup in his hands. "That mattresses are hell to find?"

"Mattresses aren't hell to find. You're just a picky little brat." Minho sighed, leaning nonchalantly against the counter as he spoke.

"I think Gally is selling his old one." Alby suggested as he put the finishing touches on Minho's drink but Thomas shook his head adamantly.

"I'm not sleeping on anything Gally even touched." The teen asserted, sticking out his tongue and shuddering at the thought. "I could get aids!"

"See, this is what I'm talking about, picky bratt." Minho groaned in defeat. "And that's not even how you contract aids, Tommy - You'd have to let Gally buttfuck you for that." He continued, causing Thomas to literally gag, and he snickered as honey eyes widen in pure horror, relishing the small revenge for letting the boy drag him all over town.

"Jesus Christ, I hate you guys." Alby moaned, seemingly wracking his brain for any other option, wanting nothing more than to get these two idiots out of his hair. "I think Teresa mentioned having a friend who actually owns a small furniture shop. Maybe she'll give your broke asses a discount."

"Aw, you're the best Alby-boo." Minho cooed as the boy scribbled down the details of the shop and shoved the scrap of paper into his hands. Thomas was too busy swallowing half of his coffee in one long gulp to take any notice of the new development, eyes glazing over blissfully as the liquid met his lips.

"Oh my god, Min. I love you." The runner purred, proving any misconceptions Alby had about the boy's drink selection wrong. "No homo." He added quickly before immersing himself in the beverage once more, causing the cashier to roll his eyes in pure disbelief.

"You all don't still actually say that, do you? What are you, middle schoolers?" Alby scoffed before falling into a fit of laughter, ignoring the confused looks the other two boys were giving him.

"You're just upset because you and Newt didn't, and now look at you!" Thomas protested but for once his teasing didn't affect the boy, who held his stomach as he wheezed.

"You know sodomy is technically still illegal in 12 states?" Minho tried but Alby waved him off as he fought to regain his breath and the kid had no choice but to turn on a heel and retreat from the coffee shop, a disgruntled Thomas at his heels.

The two were over the experience by the time they'd made it to the place Alby had recommended, sleepiness overruling embarrassment and desperation coming to settle over the pair. It was nearly midnight and they were running on two hours of sleep and barely enough caffeine to keep them walking by the time they reached the address scribbled out on the small notepad. Hope lit in Minho's heart that perhaps the ordeal was finally drawing to a close as he parked his car but it was snuffed out as quickly as it had come when his eyes fell on the building they'd driven all this way to find. The small, brick structure sat empty in the street, not a single light prevailed from inside the many glass windows lining its front and no movement could be seen as the pair approached it, hoping against hope they'd see something different if they got up close.