Chapter 1: The One No One Knew About

Ok welcome to the rewrite of The Moon Huntress. Lots has changed and some has stayed the same. The tags may be updated as the story goes. I tried my best to catch them all.

Thank you to all of the people that continue to follow me on this journey and for those new to this story welcome. I will be posting new chapters every second week. The chapters are also shorter this time around. If you'd like to learn more about this story and stories to come in the series you can find me on Tumblr under viragoseries.

Huge shout out to Kam, Moony and Maddie for reading this fic for me :D love you ladies!

WARNINGS:

LANGAUGE

DRUG USE

BRIEF MENTIONS OF PAST ABUSE

The bike purred throatily and zoomed off as the light changed from red to green. It whipped through the quiet night street of the town with not much more than a blur of black metal and dark clothes. Any time it slowed a flash of rich red hair flew out from under the helmet, visor blacked out to hide the rider's face. Riding like this usually helped to clear their mind, but it was full of a million thoughts about where the bike was headed. Steeling their nerve, the bike pulled up in front of a large modern Victorian house. From the outside it looked like a warm family home, but experience taught that it was only a select few who would feel at home there.

And that didn't include her. She pulled her helmet free, her hands shaking with nerves and maybe something else. The long thick, red curls cascaded down her back looking almost like wild fire after the wind of the ride.

She found herself wishing she could go back to this morning and not turn this way, head down to L.A. where more fun could be had. She thought back with a slight smile about the warm body she had left in bed. The poor girl would wake up, missing a full bottle of whiskey and no real way to get a hold of her. Falling into bed with the gorgeous girl the night before had certainly beat paying for a hotel. Plus, it was a hell of a lot more fun than sitting alone drinking away her nerves.

Now as she looked up seeing the lights on she wished she had dressed a little more like an adult. And had maybe not put on such thick black liner around her eyes. Although it felt like warpaint she might need after the long journey. When exactly she started viewing this place as enemy territory she wasn't sure.

Regardless, it definitely hadn't felt like home in a long time.

As her heavy leather boots crunched up the gravel in the driveway she couldn't help her eyes sweeping the area, assessing any possible threats. It was a combination of years of training and experience, along with the feeling this town gave off naturally. Even if you didn't know about the things that went bump in the night, you knew enough to be cautious when the sun went down.

Large blue eyes turned upwards, immediately seeking out the moon, tense shoulders relaxing infinitesimally at remembering it was a new moon. The more time she could have without that thing hanging heavy and full over her head the better. Again, her hands shook as she adjusted the leather straps across her chest - her pack was getting heavy after the long ride across country. It felt a little repressive at the moment, a weight carrying her down with the necessities of her life. Finally taking a deep, calming breath she fortified herself and continued the last few feet to the door before ringing the bell.

The last person she wanted it to be opened the door and immediately hardened their expression upon seeing her. Christopher Argent's critical blue eyes looked her over until they locked onto her's. The familiar cold, stone he saw in the mirror was gazing back at him. And it pained him while also infuriating him.