One week away from Selectionals.

Comincia dall'inizio

Santana frowned and replied, "What did you want to say, anyway?"

"Would you like to hang out?" he whispered quickly. "With me, I mean."

"So what? You fancy me, now?" Her tone was indifferent, nearly cold.

"I don't know. And I want to know if I–you know, if I like girls like you, well not girls like you, but girls in general, I mean, you're a girl, right? So I thought we could hang out, and I'll surely figure out if I like you, well not you, but girls in general. I'm not gay, I just–I don't know, maybe I'm a bit lost, and I told myself that if I did nothing I wouldn't know what I am, and what's worse than not knowing who you are? It's the first time I can truly be myself, since Raphael let go of me, and–" He bit his lips. "Sorry, I did it again."

Santana caught herself laughing. "You know I only date popular, good-looking and stupid sportsmen?"

"Hum, yeah, I'd figured that out. And I'm none of these things. Puck is."

"I don't care about Puck," she cut.

"Well, you sang your duet with him, didn't you?"

"It was only professional, and there was no one else. Anyways, I'm not against taking a bit of fresh air for a change. Where had you planned to take me?"

"I–I had planned you'd say no." Santana smiled.

"You're cute," she said without thinking. "Let's say tomorrow night. Are you picking me up?"

"I don't, hum, drive," he admitted, blushing. "But my mom can drop me at your place."

"Alright. I'll let you know. Bye, then."

She winked at him and left him in the middle of the room. She frowned when she was alone–had she truly mistaken annoyingness for cuteness?

***

Jace

Jace.

Jace knocked on Alec's door, which opened a few seconds after that. The dark-haired boy was shirtless, a sheet music in his hands. He was doubtlessly practicing.

"Have you got a minute?" Alexander let him in, getting to his wardrobe to put on a t-shirt. "Are you truly doing what the cheerios said?"

"Well, Izzy made me promise I'd do it. She thinks it's really important. That could make us win."

"Do you? Want to win?"

"For once in my life, I'd like to make something right."

"What do you mean?" His adoptive brother stood quiet and shook his head. "Hey. Tell me." As a vibration made them start, Alec got to his desk and turned his phone off. "Is is about Mike? How was your date?"

It took him a minute to decide whether he would answer or not. Finally, Alexander said, "I don't know." He raised his look to catch Jace's. "I kissed him. But I ran away afterwards."