Chapter 1

A/N: hi! It has come to my attention that y'all are having a hard time pronouncing "Saoirse" hehe it's pronounced as "Ser-sha" have fun reading ty<3

Chapter 1

Hinatak ako ng aking ina papasok ng mansiyon. She was pulling my hair while forcefully dragging me to the living room. Padarag niya akong ibinagsak sa marmol naming sahig, napapikit ako sa agad na rumehistrong sakit sa pagbagsak ko. My frail body was slightly slammed against the cold floor at kasabay 'nun ang pagkalat ng mga gamit ko sa sahig.

"First, your teacher called me to inform me your failing grades this school year. Next, the school called your father because you got into some mere catfight. And then, I see you kissing a random schoolmate of yours!" she shouted at me, her voice echoed in the whole living room, as she threw away her lavish clutch.

"He's not a random schoolmate, he's my boyfriend!"

"At pinayagan ka ba namin ng Daddy mo na magkaroon ka ng ganyan?!" the living room was filled with our loud voices.

Her hand clouted my left cheek, leaving a red weal behind. My mouth agape with incredulity as I clutched the part of my face that she slapped. It stung. I saw how her eyes watered instantly while watching me. Eto ang pinakaunang pagkakataon na sinampal niya ako. My parents have never laid a finger nor tried to hurt me, I was always being pampered by them in a different way.

"How rebellious can you be, Saoirse? Ang dami naming ginawa para sayo tapos eto yung isususkli mo sa amin ng Daddy mo? We expected so much from you!"

"Kasalanan ko ba kung bakit ang taas ng expectations niyo?" mariing sinabi ko ngunit hindi ko napigilan ang pagtaas ng boses ko. I received another slap from her.

She was still in her corporate attire, halatang kakagaling lang sa trabaho. The sound of her heels were clacking on the marble floor as she staggered backwards. Her swollen eyes flashed indignantly, there were still traces of tears left on her face. "Uuwi ang Daddy mo galing sa business trip nila tapos pag-uwi niya, malalaman niya na lang na nagrerebelde na pala yung anak niya" she bawled out. Like I care?

"Break up with that boyfriend of yours, this instant. Ililipat kita ng eskwelahan" dagdag niya.

I chuckled, it was laced with mockery. And rolled my eyes upwards. "Saan mo naman ako ililipat? Walang mas magandang eskwelahan sa mga eskwelahan dito sa Maynila" I scoffed and continued chuckling.

"I'm transferring you to Valderrama" mariing sinabi niya at napahilot sa sariling sentido.

Natigilan ako at sinipat siya. She glowered at my sudden reaction and then arched a brow at me. Then, I remembered the days I spent there was a nightmare to me, it felt like prison. "No, hindi mo 'yan kayang gawin sa 'kin!" angil ko.

"Don't you dare tell me what to do. I am your mother and I know what's best for you!" aniya bago dinampot ang phone niya at may dinial doon. "Ano ba'ng nangyari sayo? Hindi ka naman ganito noon, ah? Where did our daughter go?" namamaos niyang sinabi. I saw tears running down again on her cheeks.

My parents have been always obsessed with their work. Noon ko pa sila naiintindihan kung bakit sila ganyan, halos walang oras silang nilaan para sa akin at kung bigyan naman ng pagkakataon ay parang sinusundan sila palagi ng trabaho nila. One time, back in elementary, it was family day and I was so jaunty about the fact that both of my parents will be attending my school's event.

"Pasensya na, Saoirse, bilin nila Madam na kami na lang daw po ang dadalo sa event niyo dahil may trabaho pa raw silang asikasuhin" imporma ng housemaid namin. She was with my other bodyguard and the two of them will represent as my family for the event. Bitterness crept into my throat as I gave her a small smile and nodded.