セレン | selene

No applicable trigger warnings

SPOILER WARNINGS AHEAD
IF YOU HAVE NOT PASSED THE BATTLE AGAINST SONYA OR DEEN OR THE BATTLE AGAINST EMPEROR RUDOLF IN SHADOWS OF VALENTIA, THEN DO NOT CONTINUE.

Summary
In which Sonya finds Genny sitting on her own, staring up at the moonlit sky. Through the chilly breezes of the night, they talk.

Characters
Genny, Sonya

Requested by: geneolgia some three months ago AT LEAST i am so sorry felix i promise i didn't forget i'm just useless and procrastinate a lot i love u

[Takes place during the main story events of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia; after the defeat of Emperor Rudolf. Based loosely off of Sonya and Genny's support conversations.]

________

The moon's light was only a refraction of the sleeping sun's light; at night it simply gave off what it took from the daytime, to keep the world from being entirely dark while the sun was off the give light to some other continents of the world. Genny always found an odd sort of comfort in the moon because of the fact that it held onto what was left; like her companions holding on to whatever hope they could find against the final battle against the Duma Faithful.

The thought of this final showdown made her shudder; it was frightening, that an adventure she hadn't even expected to experience was coming to a close. It was a matter of winning—or a matter of losing—against Jedah, and the God Duma himself as well. The Cleric was nervous at the mere suggestion of either of those foes. She was only a little girl; only 15 years of age and yet there she was, preparing for such a massive fight. The only thing she could think before she stepped away to watch the moon was, there is no way we're going to survive this battle. But the moon retaining light the way Celica and the others retained hope gave her a little bit of optimism; maybe they would survive.

Wispy clouds began to slither their way over the moon, blanketing the large, silvery white rock in the sky. It was like it was dampening her hope, and it reflected those feelings onto Genny. A cloud came over her mind, and her hope and optimism in the upcoming fight faded away. She let out a sigh, pulling her knees up to her chest and hugging them tightly; her behind was beginning to hurt, as she was sitting on a rough stone a few feet away from the makeshift campsite that she had aided Celica and her army in making. However she didn't want to go back to sleep; the impending fear was beginning to get to her again. Her fearful thoughts were soon cut off by the sound of feet shuffling through the grass behind her. Genny turned her head, seeing a tall and slender figure approaching her; the, long violet hair dulled by the dark night was all she really needed to identify the figure as Sonya.

"Hello, tiny one," the Mage spoke quietly, stopping once she was standing beside the rock that Genny was sitting on. "What are you doing here, sitting all on your lonesome?"

"Oh," Genny answered, her eyes returning to the moon above them, "I was just... looking at the moon, and thinking."

"That's a dangerous pastime," Sonya chuckled, but the younger girl didn't laugh along. The two females both went quiet, and Sonya's eyes soon joined Genny's as they watched the silvery white sphere. "You really seem to love that thing," Sonya soon broke the silence, "but why?"

Genny shrugged. "I've just... always found it pretty, I guess. The colour is nice, and it's comforting to look at whenever I'm afraid."

"And are you afraid, tiny one?" questioned the Mage.