Chapter Forty-four

Start from the beginning

"I may have an idea, what are you willing to spend."

I went into my pocket and took out my wallet, handing her my credit card. "Whatever you need, I don't care."

She swirled and dragged Tony up. "I'm going to need your help."

"Okay." He said smiling. He's so whipped.

"What are you going to do?"

"It's a surprise."

"Well what am I to do?" I said with a frown.

"We are going to need some man power." I looked at her confused but she continued. "I want you to go to your fan club and convince them to help."

She laughed at my horrified expression. "No! They creep me out."

"Baste you have to. Please, do it for your lady love."

"Fuck!" I swore. "Fine! Where is this fan club?"

"Back of the school, in the hall near the indoor pool. I think they have a meeting now."

"Fine." I got up. "How long will this take?"

"Tomorrow this time everything will be done."

"Okay." I said as I watched her pull Tony out of the room.

~~~~~~~

I walked down the dark passage, I heard talking and cheers behind one of the doors. I turned the knob and opened the door. What I saw was terrifying yet oddly flattering, but most creepy. Pictures of me were plastered on the walls, some when I was back home or during my travels. Others when I was younger and a few when I was sleeping. They all turned and looked at me wide eyed, some with shocked expressions, others with weird grins.

"Um, ahh, I need your help." I managed to say.

~~~~~~~

I just drove out of the school. My clothes was slightly disheveled after practically being mauled by the club members. I shuddered remembering the scaring moment but luckily they agreed.

I was currently on my way to a private hospital, that was about half an hour from school.

I parked and got out, making my way inside.

"What you got for me Doc?" I asked as I sat down.

"Sabastienne.."

"Baste." I corrected.

"Well Baste, we still don't know."

"What did the scans and the test show?"

"The symptoms are there, we just can't find anything."

I laughed humourlessly. "Aren't you supposed to be the best neurologist in the country?"

"I am, but...but this puzzles me. All we know is that it's affecting your brain and your nervous system."

"So I could drop down dead tomorrow and I wouldn't even know what killed me?"

"I'm so sorry Baste."

I sighed rubbing my eyes. "No worries Doc, it's not your fault. Just life I guess. So what are my options?"

"I can recommend some strong painkillers, but we just have to hope for now."

I got up.

"Again I'm sorry Baste."

I shrugged. "You already said that Doc." Then I left.

I decided to avoid Robyn until the surprise tomorrow. I didn't want it slipping or anything so I bunked with Tony for night. My mind kept wondering back to what the doctor said and I have to admit, I was a little scared.