Chapter Forty

Sabastienne

The sun shone brightly as I walked out of the changing room. I'd finally managed to pull myself from our bed this morning and I was feeling great. The smell of freshly cut grass perfumed the air and the horses grazed on the sidelines.

Clad in black breeches that sat snuggly on me with knee high boots and a red polo shirt. On my way out I quickly grabbed my mallet and helmet then ran to the stands that was filled with practically the whole school not to mention opposing supporters.

The guys were in the walking about and talking before the match started. Charlotte and Jonas waved me over. "Hey guys, where's Robby and Zoey?"

"Zoey is over there practising with the cheerleaders." He motioned over at the group of girls. "And Robyn is helping."

I nodded and jogged over. They stoped what they were doing and stared at me. "What? Something on my face?"

"No it's just that you look..." Zoey trailed off.

"Hot? Sexy? Scrumptious?" I smirked and she rolled her eyes muttering 'conceited ass' with a smile. "You know you love it." Ignoring the girls winking at me I looked for my beautiful Scot. "Hey where's my girl? I thought she was over here."

I felt a pair of hands cover my eyes from behind. "Guess who." They whispered in my ear lowly.

I felt a shiver run down my spine. "Captain Sexy Pants." I grinned.

She laughed and spun me around to face her. "Very funny."

I buried my face in her neck. "I know, I'm hilarious." I pulled back and scanned her clothes. "You wore it." I said referring to my varsity jacket that I had given her.

"Yeah." She blushed. "D-do you mind?"

"Are you crazy? Of course I don't. Now everyone will know that you're my girl."

"You gave it to me when we were just friends."

"Well this will clarify that." I lifted her and wrapped her legs around my waist before crashing my lips to hers. Not caring if anyone saw, I kissed her with everything I had.

Then I felt someone tug my hair back, ripping our lips apart. I turned and snarled at whoever the dumbass was.

Tony quickly let go and stepped back. "Fuck Baste, did you just snarl."

"What?! You better have a good reason for interrupting me dumbass." I snapped.

"The match is starting and coach is going to pop a vessel if you're not saddled in the next two minutes." He said then ran off.

Sighing I lowered her until she was standing. "Good luck kiss?" I asked.

She pecked me on the cheek and laughed when she saw my devastated expression. "Win and you'll get your kiss."

I stepped back and bowed. "As you wish M'lady."

"Hey Sabby I didn't get to ask, what is that crest on your shirt, the one beside the school's?"

I looked down then smiled. "Family coat of arms." I winked then ran off.

"Hey Titan, you ready to dominate those idiots?" I asked my fully black Spanish Andalusian thorough bred as I stroked his snout. He stomped his feet and threw his head back. "Good boy." I whispered as I swung in the saddle and secured it.

I saw my three teammates already on the field, awaiting my arrival.

I rode over to them. "Are we ready for victory my good men?"