The Detective Agency

Dirk couldn't help the smile that graced his face as he stepped back from the sign on the wall of his newly bought detective agency. Maybe including the 'cases solved with arguable efficiency' slogan on the bottom wasn't the brightest idea to attract possible clients but it felt very...him.

He pulled Todd and Farah in close, simply enjoying being present in the moment. It had been a very stressful few months, what with returning to Blackwing for two months, getting a new case, travelling to pocket dimensions, meeting all-powerful wizards and going back to Blackwing again (he still wasn't exactly sure how he'd managed to find the courage to go back voluntarily but at this point, who cares?) and he hadn't had much time to himself.

So he enjoyed it while the moment lasted.

"I have a proposition," he declared, stepping away a little from his friends so they could look at him properly. "Every time either of you look at this sign, you have to take a moment away from whatever you're doing and just be."

"Just be...what?" Farah asked, her arms waving around a little.

"Just allow yourself to reflect, I guess..." he trailed off, not sure how to continue.

"Sure, I mean, you're the physic one," Todd said, a smirk on his lips as he knew the detectives dislike for that word. Dirk was about to call him out, tell him that however hard everyone seemed to try he wasn't, never had been and never would be, physic: but he saw that playful look in his assiss-friends' eyes and let it slide, instead settling for an eye roll and a sigh.

"Fine, whatever. I promise to 'take a moment to just be' whenever I see this sign," Farah said in a dry and sarcastic voice that went completely over Dirks head.

"Great! Todd?" He looked over.

"Sure Dirk," he said, a fond smile replacing the mischievous one he'd been wearing not seconds earlier.

Dirk smiled too, pleased with his accomplishment of today. He looked back at the sign and faltered when he saw the name 'Svlad Celli' in the place of his name. Trying not to draw attention, he blinked quickly and it was gone as soon as it came.

Good.

"What now?" Todd asked, looking up at yellow jacket wearing man next to him.

"Umm...I don't know. Tea anyone?" He asked, remembering the Starbucks across the street from their new place.

"I'll take a coffee," Farah said with crossed arms.

"Amen to that, you can keep your tea, Dirk." Todd teased and pulled on his (new but purposefully ragged and patched so it was all but identical to his now singed one) denim jacket.

The two lead the way, Dirk close behind. Just as he was about to leave, he turned back to check the sign one list time:

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
  cases solved with arguable efficiency

Dirk let out a gleeful sigh, finally having everything he'd ever wanted in life (which really wasn't that much and he was shocked it had taken the Universe so long to respond) and ran to catch up with his friends.

Yeah, he could live with this.

A/N Just wanted to write a quick DGHDA drabble, hope you liked it