I signal Tim to go first over the small boundry wall in frount of us. I then follow, we both start to move down what looks like a main street towards the two buildings that still standing. They're 4 stories high, theres no windows left and part of the outer shell's have been destroyed but they're still standing. Tim's moving like a pro weapon up sweeping from left to right hugging the rubble on the right side of the road while i'm doing the same on the left side.

Slowing down as we approach the first of the two buildings i signal Tim to move up behind me. Looking in through the ground floor window i could see the remnants of the family that once lived there. Charred broken toys, a table upturned, ash and dust everywhere. Moving towards the door frame i can see the big heavy fire door lying in the road a few feet away. I peer around the frame and into the narrow hallway. This used to be a block of flats, the small corridor ending in stairs leading up and two doors one on either side. Moving into the hallway, my boots crunching shattered glass, i look through the other door and into another small flat a piece of the ceiling in that one had come down and is laying in the middle of the floor.

I slowly make my way along the hallway and up the stairs, carefull to step over pieces of wall that are litering the stairwell. Reaching the top of the first set of stairs i turn to my right and walk along the narrow path, another set of stairs going up above the ones i've just climbed. Two more doors on this floor with alot more damage within. Chunks of wall are missing and i see the sunlight penetrating the cramped living spaces. I walk past the doors to a small window and peer outside, from here i can see most of the street and have a better view of the ruined town below. I hear a small crunch and spin around, Tim is slowly making his way down the narrow path next to the stairs. He nods at me and I turn back to look out the window again. The glass has long gone and the wind at this height is a little stronger than the floor below. It's blowing dust from the sill at me. I blink a couple of times to clear my vision and freeze. I caught something out of the corner of my eye, at least i think i did. Straining to look at the far end of the street i can't see anything down there.

I wait a couple of minutes then turn and proceed up the next set of stairs. While we're here we may as well go up higher and get a better view of whats past this town. Cresting the thrid set of stairs and coming around and down the narrow path towards the window at the far end i can see out to open fields. Theres a slight shimmer in the distance, heat shimmer or something else? I lift the scope up to my eye as i get to the window. A light bluw haze comes into view past some open fields, i can't quite make out what is there though it's a long way off. 

"Tim you see this?" I turn to look at him.

"The blue haze?"

"I guess that answers that question." i shrug. "Any ideas?"

"No but it's not natural, the aliens maybe?"

"Could be .." Again i catch something moving out of the corner of my eye. Looking towards it i can see nothing there. Damn it all i need is to be seeing things.

"Michael did you see that? I caught something over there but there's nothing there."

I nod then motion for him to stop talking. Well at least i'm not crazy but that means there is something out there. I signal for him to follow me down. Making our way back down the stairs as slowly as we can to make sure we keep silent i scan out the windows as we go past. I get the feeling that we're not alone but there's nothing there. The hair on the back of my neck is rising and my heat is starting to race, i start to force myself to calm down. Bring yourself back under control Mikey, last thing you need is to freak out. Moving to the groundfloor doorway i point for Tim to take up the other side. Crouching i look back towards the stairs, i hoping for a door out the back of the block, shifting my position slightly i can see an opening. Not exactly a door but a window big enough for me to get through with all my gear, Tim's travelling lighter than i am so he'll fit too.