Chapter 17 - The Raid

Start from the beginning

“Tell them,” he encouraged.

“Leo…no, you tell them. He’s your brother. I already went through this with my sister,” she responded.

“Um, guys? What is going on?” Max said alarmed.

“Okay, fine. Mia is pregnant,” Leo blurted. “I’m so proud! I did it!”

“Ahem, we both did it. Last I recall I was there too,” Mia giggled. “We started trying a few months ago,” she explained, her eyes getting slightly teary.

“Actually, I’ve been trying since I met her,” Leo beamed while Mia swatted him in the shoulder. He smiled and tucked her underneath him, kissing her forehead.

“Holy shit, guys. That’s amazing.” Max went to give them both a huge bear hug and even lifted them a bit above the ground.

“Careful with Mia. We got a baby Durant cooking in the oven there,” Leo laughed covering Mia’s stomach protectively.

“Oh my gosh, congratulations! That’s awesome news,” Emma piped in. She went to hug Mia carefully first and then Leo afterwards. “How far along are you?”

“Just under 12 weeks. I’m not even showing yet,” Mia said rubbing her stomach. “We were waiting until after three months to tell everybody officially, but we figured we might as well tell you in person. I told my sister earlier today. I think that’s why she was kind of all over the place tonight.”

“Ha! I knew something was going on. Well, you can’t really blame her being that she’s the older sister,” Max pointed out.

Leo chuckled. “Yeah, well you also have a lot of ground to cover in that department, Max.”

“Hey, I never said I wasn’t working on it,” Max responded winking towards Emma.

Was he serious? She blushed a deep red and pushed him away. “Get out of here, tough guy.”

“Fine, we’ll talk about it later,” he said smiling.

“Max, I hate to interrupt, but we need to check on something at the front desk and Mia needs to rest. We probably won’t see you tomorrow - we have an early flight to catch,” Leo said.

“Okay, it was great seeing you guys,” Max responded easily. “I can’t believe I’m going to be a freaking uncle. Keep me updated and I’ll see you soon, alright?” They gave each other a brotherly hug and then turned towards Mia.

“Emma, hope to see you again, too,” Leo said, surprising her by giving her a big bear hug. “Keep putting him in his place,” he said motioning towards Max.

“I will,” she laughed. “It was great meeting you. Congrats again. You’re going to have beautiful babies,” she said turning to give Mia a hug.