3

A loose semi-circle had been formed around a small fire in our back yard. Normally we would do this kind of thing at Victors, since Belch and i were the only ones with somewhat normal parents. This was risky, but our parents werent home at the moment.  
   The moon was full and bright, reflecting off of the unlabled glass bottle i had been handed. They were waiting on me. so regardless of what it was, i needed to hurry up. I gulped it down once. The taste was so bad it reminded me almost of nailpolish. Twice, and then i took a third sip before handing it to my brother. My throat felt hot. 
   It was about 3 hours past sunset, and it began to get colder. I tried to get up for a jacket, before realizing that i couldnt really stand up. I felt a bit lightheaded and sat back down. 
    The backyard felt like the entire world at this moment. Nothing outside of those fences mattered. I looked at all of them individually. Faces dimly lit by the fire, Henry had been laughing at something Belch said, while Victor was capping the now half-empty bottle. Shifting slightly, I saw Patrick. Only briefly, but he had been sitting in the empty space between Victor and Belch, smiling. It was the same Patrick we saw in the field that day, only now he was much closer. Every little rotting detail was now completely visible. Gasping louder than intended, i jumped back. He was already gone, and i was the only one who saw him. "whats wrong with you?" my brother questioned, moving slightly closer as if to get a better look at me. The other two just stared, almost blankly. "uh- nothing i think i probably just drank too much" I moved back to my former spot, shivering slightly. It felt strange to have y back facing nothing. I felt the need to turn around, and look behind me. The feeling making the air seem thicker and thicker. I turned my head as quickly as possible while still looking casual. Nothing. As expected. The feeling wouldnt go away. The feeling that I would be grabbed by the shoulders and pulled into whatever was behind me, whatever i couldnt see. The feeling like a thousand needles to my back. I could almost see the rotting Patrick standing in the corner of the dimly lit backyard. I jolted to my feet quickly, not being able to take that feeling anymore. Standing up, I came face to face with Henry He raised an eyebrow, staring almost expressionless. "where're you going?" I stepped back, nearly knocking over my own drink. "why?" He didnt seem angry or anything. He was completely calm, which was rare. "come on." he spoke quietly, grabbing my wrist loosely, pulling me towards the pitch black wall by the back door. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see my brother start to stand up, then sitting back down. He was so close I could hear him breathing, but I couldnt even make out his face through the darkness. Nobody really trusted him, but I did. Or maybe i just trusted myself, but ive never felt unsafe at the slightest around him. 
      He seemed to always be on edge, but right now it was like a completely different person. For a second, he looked almost confused. Maybe even as confused as I was. "so?" I questioned, glancing at the other two, who tried to play off the fact that they had very obviously staring. He looked at me as if deep in thought. "be my girlfriend. oficially." Raising an eyebrow, I looked at him with a peeved facial expression. "first off, I think you meant that as a question, and until you learn to be less demanding, the answer is no." He scoffed, face going from completely blank, to mildly irritated. He sighed the kind of sigh people make wen theyre trying to calm themselves down. Ive never seen him react so calmly to being irritated by someone. honestly, I had been expecting some sort of argument. He was the type of person to freak at the drop of a penny. "fine, will you be my girlfriend?" I smiled, pleased with my accomplishment. There was really no denying that I liked him. "hm, why not." I spoke louder than usual, walking back to my spot next to my brother. 

sorry about this dumbass, poorly written filler, im blocked!