Harry laughed.  “Look, K.  Don’t get mad.”

“Just tell me,” I sighed, lowering my gaze at him.

Harry rubbed the back of his neck. “That shrimp and grits…”

I sighed. “I knew you liked it.  I knew it all along.”

Harry beat on the counter with his hands. “I promise, I won’t send any dishes back again.  All of your food is pretty amazing.”

I nearly dropped the shrimp I was getting from the fridge.  I knew Harry liked some of my food, but not all of it.  The back of my neck got hot as the compliment swirled through my brain.

“You know,” Harry started once he had drunk all of his water. “I’ve never taught a girl to fight.  I mean, I’ve actually never taught anyone to fight.”

I blushed and tossed the shelled shrimp into a pan, dousing them with lemon.  “Well I’m honored.  You’re a good teacher, Mr. Styles.”

Harry grinned. “You’re a good student, Miss Davenport.”

“And I-“ Louis interrupted, appearing by the bar and slapping his phone onto it. “-have found you a good fight.  Harry, what the hell is on your head?”

Harry frowned.  “A bandana.”

Louis glanced to me.  I shrugged.

“Is the fight a fair fight?” I asked.

Louis raised an eyebrow. “Yes, a fair one. To be honest, I was about to go for Niall but he’s out of the country, so instead I got Mateo Wallis.”

“Oh, good!” Harry nodded. “I haven’t fought him in a long while.  I like him.”

I giggled. “I still don’t understand how you can be friends with the people you fight.  ‘Oh sorry, Mate, didn’t mean to break your nose.  Let’s catch a movie later this week.’ Like what the hell?”

My imitation of Harry’s deep British accent had both Louis and Harry rolling with laughter.  Maria appeared by the bar and sat down beside Louis.  “Dinner?” She asked, looking at the pan.

“Shrimp and grits,” I told her. “Want some?”

She nodded.  So did Louis.

It seemed like everyone was in a surprisingly pleasant mood as the night went on.  We ate together and actually talked about the fight against Mateo and how Harry thought it would go.  Maria told us about her brother and how he used to fight, but tore some ligament in his arm and can’t fight anymore.  We sat on the couch and watched America’s Next Top Model reruns, laughing at the comments that Harry and Louis would make about outfits and hairstyles.  Maria asked to do my hair at one point and braided it into something she called a “fishtail braid,” which I had seen before but never thought to try doing on my own.  It looked nice.  Harry even told me himself.  Maria seemed unusually relaxed and I couldn’t help but wonder if she had taken some sort of drugs.  If there was ever a place to do drugs, I was convinced it was in this house.  No one came here.  There were so many hidden nooks and crannies around the house that you could hide your biggest secrets and no one would ever find them.

It was ten o’clock by the time I convinced myself to get off of the couch and go to sleep.  Louis gave me a kiss on the cheek and a hug.  Harry walked me to the stairs by my room and gave me a hug.  I felt like he started to lean down and give me a peck on the cheek, but stopped and simply nodded at me instead.  That was disappointing to say the least, but what did I expect him to do?  Sweep me off my feet and carry me down into my room where we can have sex all night?  Actually, yes.  That is what I expected.