Suddenly he picks me up and walks into my room and sets me on my bed.

He lays next to me and caresses my cheek.

"I know... You've been hurt. I know you don't wanna let anyone in. But let me in. Please Tru. I need you. You don't understand. You take care of me constantly. Just... please. I will never hurt you." I struggle to find words.

"Let me think, for a little. Ok?" He brakes into the dumbest, most innocent, lopsided smile I've ever seen.

"Okay!" He responds.

I laugh and shake my head. "You're so fucking weird." He chuckles and i get up to go get Britt.

Next day before school *punches Alex in the nose and sassy walks away*

I brought pain killers to school just in case and drove. I pulled up to the parking lot and turned off my car before heading out. I put my headphones in and walked around to grab my bag.

I headed up to the school and to my locker. Someone tapped my shoulder. Turning around, i see Jake. He smiled softlt at me and i took my headphones off and smiled back. "Whats up?"

"Nothing much," i respond and finish grabbing my stuff before shutting my locker.

We began to walk to first hour. "I dont think youre in my class..." I say. He nods.

"I know. Just wanted to walk with you." He says and smiles. I smile back and head into class.

"Bye," i say and he responds tje same. I take a seat in the back with my headphones on. A few people were staring at me and i was getting pissed.

Dante walked in and seen. He glared at everyone and they all looked away.

He pushes our desks together and sits. Than grabs my hand. I freeze a little and look at him, taking my headphones off. "Uh...?" I ask.

Smiling, "Felt like it," laughing, i roll my eyes.

The day went by pretty fast and i hardly talked to Dante. School was out and i walked out.

"Tru!" I looked over and seen Ron. I walked over too him.

"What are you doing at my school?" I ask.

"You haven't fought lately. Why?"

"I got stabbed in the thigh," i respond. He looks at me, shocked. "Long story." He nods.

"Think you could fight tonight?" I nod.

"I need too." I say.

"Be there by eight?" I nod and walk off to my car.

At about 6, there was a knock at the door. Opening it, i see Mike. He looked like shit.

"Look, I'm sorry. I know you don't like it." He rushed out.

I just looked at him. "You knew how mom was... The drinking, her words, her hands... And you showed up last night, like that?!"

"I know. I'm sorry." He apologized. I shook my head and hugged him.

"Don't let it happen again," i say. He nods. "Can you watch the kids?"

"Yea. You got work?" I nod and we walk in, shutting the door. "What about your thigh?"