| nine |

20 December 2014

louis was seated among the two-feet high grass of the local park, watching the peaceful and serene sunset. the sun had completely disappeared below the horizon, leaving just a few trails of its light in the evening winter sky. louis had his camera in his hands, waiting for the colors to mix up and for nature to create the perfect scenery he'd been waiting to capture in a photograph. 

he positioned and focused the camera, losing himself in his passion. he had invested his whole heart and soul into photography; it was his only joy in this world, his hobby, the only thing he could say he truly loved. it was the only thing that made him proud of himself. 

he pressed down on the button, capturing a few photographs and then positioning it differently. occupied by angling the camera to get the perfect shots, he doesn't the notice the tall figure walk into the scenery he'd been capturing.

once he clicks them, he finds them in his gallery hoping to see a scenic photograph of the beautiful sunset before him, only to find it had been blocked by the person standing before it. he looks up to see someone standing there, his head tilted to look at the sky.

louis runs up to the figure, "you! yes you, how dare you walk into my picture like that?! can you not see that-"

he turns around, looking a bit confused, "oh, i'm so sorry, so sorry. i didn't quite see you there, tiny" he speaks, his voice deep and accented and a small smirk on his face.

louis scowls at him, "you fucker, how dare you! first, you walk into my picture and then you have the nerve to call me tiny?! dumbfuck, asshole-" louis mutters a string of profanities at the curly haired boy who watches louis with an amused smile on his face.

"what the hell are you staring at now? go away" louis rolls his eyes, getting more annoyed by curly with each passing second.

"oh, uhm, nothing- just that, you look kinda cute swearing off like that," he tells him with a shrug and a cheeky smile. "anyway, i'm sorry. i just wasn't looking and i ruined your photo, i'm sorry" he says running his fingers clad in multiple rings through his curls.

it was then that louis registered his striking features. a mop of curly hair, falling slightly past his ear, green emerald like eyes that seemed to make you want to stare into them forever, prominent cheekbones, a sharp and edgy jawline, deep craters on both sides of lips the color of rose petals, which were now curved into a smile, that might be the most beautiful thing louis has ever seen in his life. his tall posture was dressed in a beige sweater, jeans, boots, an awkwardly twisted bandanna holding back the unruly curls and bag hung from his right shoulder. louis realized he'd been staring too long so clearing his throat, he mutters a whatever and turns to walk away.

"hey, never seen you around before?" curly calls after him.

"maybe you were too self-absorbed even then to notice" louis shoots back.

"someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed" curly mutters under his breath.

what the hell is he going on about? we met two minutes ago, louis wonders. "You don't even know me, curly, we just met for god's sake"

and little did you know, curly, that when you had a life like louis', there was no good side of the bed.

"so, you're just a mean person then," he says, pursing his lips in a way that could almost pass a pout, which completely drove away any thoughts of calling him a judgemental prick from louis' mind.

"oh, i'm offended" louis replies instead, giving him an unbothered look. "look, curly, you're uhm, nice and all but i've got no time for chit chat, alright, so i've gotta go now" louis says, turning around once again and beginning to walk away but curly runs up to him, after a moment.

"wait, don't go" he says, making louis lift an eyebrow at him. "uhm, let's be friends" he smiles and louis' eyebrow raises higher, "i'm harry"

"i'm potter" louis childishly jokes.

harry's face twists into confusion, "what?"

"what? i thought we were playing kindergarten here" louis replies shrugging and rolling his eyes. 

his rosy lips morph into that angelic smile once more, the sight seeming to compel louis to say, "louis tomlinson"

"harry styles" he replies before his eyes flick to louis' camera and monopod, "so, louis, you're like, a photographer, eh?"

"nope, i'm in uni" louis decides to give him a proper answer for once.

"really? you don't look like it" he replies", tiny" louis narrows his eyes up at a smiling harry before he begins to walk away again. 

harry runs behind him, "hey, wait up, i'm sorry" he says with a grin.

"you want a friendship, curly?" louis points a finger in his face, "rule number one; never and i mean ever, call me tiny, you get it?"

harry gives him another cheeky smile, "aye, aye, captain" he touches his hand to his head in a salute. louis tries to be annoyed at him but can't help the giggle from escaping him at his adorable stature.

louis wondered who was this boy with the dazzling eyes and the breathtaking smile? why did he want said 'friendship' with him? and most importantly, how in the world did he already have louis fucking giggling?

-

the thought of the green-eyed stranger he'd encountered yesterday was driving louis crazy. he hadn't stopped thinking about him since. random conversation, a few laughs and more flirting was exchanged as they'd walked around the park for some time. it was the longest louis had smiled and laughed in a while. then harry received a phone call from his mother screaming her head off at something and had to run off. 

louis didn't have his number or address except that he lived a few blocks down the park with his mum and sister. he'd even looked him up on the internet but it seemed curly didn't have social media- or he lied about his full name.

louis sighed entering a local coffee shop he had come to since his usual starbucks shop was closed. he notices its pretty clear as he walks up to the barista and places his order of a vanilla latte with caramel cream instead of his usual mocha cappuccino. 

the barista handed him the steaming cup and he immediately wrapped his palms around it to warm them. he turns to walk towards the door that he came through but walks into a wall. no, a body.

"oops" he hears a voice- a familiar voice and his head whipped up to find the green eyes that had kept him up all night, that he'd been yearning to see, looking down into his own. he steps back from him. 

"hi" he breathes out, and harry gives him a smile, that smile, that shone like the moonlight.