Life moves on and First friend

Chap 2: Life moves on and first friend

Two weeks after the reveal of Aki's power, Judai decided to stay in Neo Domino City for awhile, that way he could teach her how to control her power correctly to reduce her chances of hurting anyone in the future.

Setsuko was very happy with this new development. It was usually difficult to have her brother stay around the same place for one day, heck it was hard to keep him around for more than 4 hours at best, so Judai staying to catch up and look after her daughter was somehow a dream come true. Her parents were never home much when she was younger, both being too busy with their jobs and business trips, so they mostly left their two children home alone with the housekeeper. This was part of the reason she decided to work from home and look after her daughter. She didn't want Aki to grow up feeling lonely like her.

Judai was seven years older than her, and while he was an optimistic, enthusiastic, and kind kid, he was also so goofy and loud that she used to feel embarrassed by him and refused to stay in the same room with him more than necessary. However, when he came home from his third year of Duel Academy he almost seemed like a different person. Gone was the goofy nature that she was so once ashamed of, and in its place was a brooding and serious attitude. Judai isolated himself from everyone else making seem it like the person he was before never existed. For the first few days, she just continued to ignore him thinking he probably missed his friends. However, once a whole week went by and he still stayed the same, both Setsuko and her parents grew worried, though they did not actually do anything to reach out to him - something Setsuko still regretted today.

The summer ended and nothing seemed to change, save for the distance between Judai and the rest of the family continues to grow. The consequences of her inaction did not hit her until her brother contacted them at the end of his last year to say that he would not return.

The first time her brother actually came home after his graduation was when she was in her last year of high school, preparing for her university test. Her brother just opened the door with his keys and walked in like he didn't disappear for eight years. Setsuko didn't know what happened, but after coming home that first time her brother began to send home postcards, letters and sometimes presents from wherever he was. As a result, she felt like their relationship was healing to some degree.

Hideo always prided himself on being good at understanding people. That was part of the reason why he became the senator of Neo Domino City, but Yuki Judai is a big question mark that he has difficulty seeing through. They first met back when he was still dating Setsuko while the two were in University. One night, when Hideo was picking Setsuko up for their date, a young man opened the door instead of his girlfriend. A young man who turned out to be the infamous older brother that he always heard about but never had the pleasure to meet. It was one of the most awkward moments of his life, just sitting there in silence answering some questions Judai threw at him here and there, but it was thanks to Judai's questions that make Hideo realize how much he actually loved Setsuko and pushed him to propose to her after they graduated. Yuki Judai has always been an enigma the few times Hideo actually met the man. Judai always looked no older than his early twenties and was so much wiser than he appeared. Perhaps that was why he decided to call him for help. Hideo was sure this would count as one of the best decisions that he made in his life. Who knows what would have happened to his little girl if Judai was not part of their life.

Unsurprisingly Aki is the happiest of the Izayois to spend time with Judai. Before the incident happened two weeks ago, she only heard her mother mention a few things about this mysterious uncle of hers, never actually meeting him before. Though now that they've spent quite a bit of time together to help her control her 'gift', she can't image what would it be like if her uncle was not here to help her with it. She's grown too fond of him to let him go.