Chapter 4 - Gone home

Chapter 4

I watched Sophie’s face fall as I told her the story, about why I had to leave. 

“Mia, I don’t know what to say,” she said softly, tears escaped from her eyes.  I felt sorry for her, she didn’t have to hear this now, and she had a wedding to plan for.  Her life was just starting to get better.

“Soph, please for my sake, don’t tell anyone.  Just go about planning your wedding and leave me to deal with my own problems.” I pleaded with her.

“No Mia this is not right, I’m your sister!”

“Exactly you’re my sister, not my mum. I’ve grown up now, I have to go home.  Work needs me.”  I slowly backed out of the house.  I needed to leave.

Sophie followed me to the car, “Mia please stay,” she pleaded.

Giving her a big hug I promised that when she came to the city looking for a dress I would help her.  Then I left, not looking back.  I ignored all the pain and loneliness my heart began to encounter and continued back to my apartment, not home, home was where my sister was, home was where I longed to be. 

6 Months later…. The wedding morning.

I woke up to the sound of my phone blaring my U2 ring tone, “it’s a beautiful day,” it sung.  I groaned, my sister and her drunken friends had messed with my phone.  I tried to roll over and answer it, my head was pounding.  What the heck was the time? I thought.

“Sis, answer you phone, before I throw my pillow at you!” I heard Sophie shout from the couch she was sleeping one.  I finally sat up and grabbed for my phone, which was on the bedside counter. 

“Hello?” I asked grumbling.

“Mia? Are you up! It’s nine in the morning, you, Sophie and the girls are suppose to be here in two hours!” I heard Tyler’s urgent voice shout into the phone.

“Tyler, far out not so loud,” I scolded him, my head hurt. “We have heaps of time, the wedding is at two silly.”

“Ya, but Sophie needs to get her hair and stuff,” Tyler began to explain.

“Ty, your such a worry wart. Everything is going to be fine,” I tried to stay calm, I was angry that he had disturbed my sleep.

“Is Sophie alright?” He asked sheepishly.

I tried not to laugh, “No I may have accidently forgot to take her home last night, I think she went home with a John guy,” I said.

“Mia! This is not funny!” Tyler shouted.

“Tyler, not so loud.” I complained. I knew I was getting on his nerves.  So I rolled my eyes and said, “Yes Soph is fine, we will be there soon.  We are just about to leave. Would you like to talk to her?”

“No its bad luck on the wedding day,” he responded.

“I thought it was just bad luck to see her?” I asked.

“Well tell her I love her and will see her at the church,” Tyler said.

I snorted, but bit back my response.

“Oh and Mia,” He said, “I hope Sophie not hung-over cause I fully will blame that on you!” Then he hung up.

I sighed, yes last night was Sophie’s Hen’s night and we went out and partied.   Sophie and her friends had come to the city and stayed in my apartment. Unfortunely we were all hung-over this morning and we needed to be ready for the wedding this afternoon, I had no idea how I was going to help Sophie cover the bags under her eyes, nothing a bit of makeup cant fix.

I had avoided coming home for the past six months, Sophie continued to invite me but I always had an excuse. 

So it was a surprise when Sophie decided to have her Hens night here it meant I had no excuse not to come.  It was good, Sophie has not mentioned anything about what I told her on her birthday, and even on the phone calls we had she didn’t say anything.  It was almost like I didn’t tell her, which was how I wanted it. 

I was so excited that she was getting married; she could finally live her dream, have kids and live happily ever after. 

I heard Sophie come out the shower; I knew we had to leave soon.  We had a big drive to go. 

I packed my stuff, I had to stay one night in my hometown then it was back to the city. 

“Come on Sophie, let’s go!” I called.  Her two other bridesmaids, Sally and Macy where already in the car. 

Two hours later we arrived.  As soon as we got there everyone started running around like headless chooks, getting ready for the wedding.  The hairdresser came and did our hair, while our makeup and nails where also being done.  I felt like the world was spinning around me as everyone was rushing.  I hated it, the makeup that clung to my face, my hair that was pulled up and the bobby pins that where piecing my head. 

Through it all Sophie was smiling, she looked so excited, her face beamed as everyone rushed around her. 

I was just lost, didn’t know a thing about weddings.  I plastered a smile on my face and sat next to Sophie I grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze, this was her moment.  

hey guys so i would like to hear from u soon, please comment and vote.

so next chapter is the wedding and then it gets sad.... 

thanks for reading