Chapter Six.

Date: 11/12/1830.
9 days until the wedding.
Reader's POV:

I woke up, and got ready for the day, then woke Simon and the kids up. Today I felt lazy and just left my hair down, parted in the usual place, matched with purple boots with white socks and a purple and black dress and cloak. It's winter and I don't have to wear any more bloody flats or heels, thank goodness!

We went downstairs and had breakfast. After that, Belle lit the fireplaces in the house, since it was the start of winter. We started decorating for Christmas since it was only four days away.

Zaira was coming home tomorrow and only Simon, Belle, Cook Emma and I knew. We wanted to surprise the children. Simon didn't have any work until the 6th of February, according to him.

Wait, where does he work?

"Hey Si, where do you work?" I asked him as I held the ladder for him as he hung up decorations.

"I work as a schoolteacher, but now during the holidays, I help Kylie in her bakery."
He replied, and I raised my eyebrows.

"For reals? I never thought that you'd be a teacher." I said, and he gave me a cheeky grin and wink.

"Me neither, love." He stated.

"Is there still 20 kids at the school?" I questioned him, and he shook his head.
"There's 22." He said.

"Now love, let's see. There's
Zaira, Vincent Greene,
Simon, Celia Gray,
Tatiana, Norman Greene
Ophelia, Cyril Gray,
Liam ,Genevieve Smith,
Colin, Stephanie Jackson,
Megsie Greene, Jason Menzel,
Jeremy Williams, Valerie Bee,
Rose Williams, Levi Ellis,
Lexi Ellis, Tyler Stan,
Elena Prince, and Joshua Fey." He said, and I nodded.

"You and the tutor must have fun." I joked, and he chuckled.

"There's no tutor there, love. But we're hiring, so maybe you could try out?" He asked hopefully as he descended the ladder.

"Hmmm, I'll see. I probably will." I declared, and Simon did a victory fist pump, and I have a little laugh.

We walked downstairs where the kids were decorating the living room. Everything was done except for the tree. I awed. They still follow the tradition where all of the children had to decorate the tree then the youngest child puts the star on top of the tree.

"Good job, kiddos." I said, and Simon added, "Preach."

Then the children nodded and ran outside. I remembered that the kids had to learn a lesson today. Lesson Five; To Work Together. But how would I teach them? I gave a big grin once I realised what I should do.

I walked into the kitchen where Blue and Todd were in their basket.
I lifted until my staff and slammed it on the ground. The hounds' eyes widened and they jumped up into the kitchen bench, then they jumped up again, this time through the roof of the kitchen. They were like rubber balls, bouncing around everywhere!

"That's amazing." I stated as I looked up at the hole they made, then I ran outside to the kids.

"Childre-"

"What do we have to do." Groaned Colin, who already knew that I'd teach them a lesson.

Good for him.

"The dogs are running amok in the house, can you catch them for me?" I asked them, and they nodded, then ran inside, just as the dogs ran through the wall and outside, past me, making a big hole in the wall.