Captain Coming Home After a Long Day of Work

Imagine....

Captain coming home after a long day of work.

You sit in your bed reading a book that you have stopped really paying attention to. You're to worried about Steve and why he's not home yet. You glance down at your phone again with the same results. Nothing. You groan and drop your book to the side of you. "Where could this boy be?!" you ask yourself. You rub your eyes and then get out of bed. You make your way into your bathroom and splash some cold water on your face, waking you up. You head back to the bedroom and sit on your bed. You turn on your tv to some news station. You don't even pay attention to it until you hear something that snaps you back to reality.

"Captain America was seen today back in New York and back on the battle field. He was seen with none other but the Winter Soldier, fighting it out until Captain prevailed, locking the Winter Solider up and taking him into custody." the reporter says. You sigh knowing that Steve has been trying for so long to get Bucky to remember him. Just then your bedroom door opens. A gash is slayed across Steve's cheek and exhaustion is clearly written across his face. He takes off the top part of his uniform leaving him in a tight, white, tank top.

"Steve!" you exclaim while getting up.

"What happened?!"

"Bucky still doesn't remember, but I think we're a step closer." he replies half-heartedly.

"Well that's good and all but I was talking about your cheek."

"It's fine. SHIELD took care of it." he says while taking off the bottom half of his uniform, leaving him in his boxers.

"Do you need anything?" you ask out of pure concern.

"A kiss and some sleep." he says sleepily. You push up on your toes and plant a warm kiss on Steve's lips. He smiles and hugs you tightly. You then crawl into bed, Steve following. He lays down gently, passing out almost immediately.

"I love you, (y/n)" he says just above a whisper. His quite snore tells you he's already out. You gently caress his cheek with your hand.

"I love you too Steve."