Chapter 18 - The Bipolar Wonder Known As Tobi

Comincia dall'inizio

"Wh-Who are you?" I choked out with the little air left in my lungs. He was incredibly strong, I could feel his immense chakura. I wouldn't be able to last 5 seconds against him. He was much stronger than even Orochimaru.

"I'm Tobi! Tobi's a good boy! Ne, let's keep this a secret between friends! Itachi wouldn't be very happy if he found out! And very bad things will happen if he does!" (Dear lord, Madara/Tobi is so creepy O.O)

Before I could even respond he let go of me and with lightening fast speed he was a few feet away. "Jana, Amarante-Chan! Remember, our little secret!"

I was too busy panting on my knees refilling my lungs with air to answer. Great, so another enemy appears. Bringing Itachi back to Konoha is going to be much harder than I thought.

But what was this guys motive? He seemed so intent on making sure Itachi stayed in the Akatsuki.....why did he care so much? And what was with the fake personality? He wasn't this Tobi guy he acted like. He was someone else.

I slowly rose from the ground, dusting me knees off. Itachi didn't show up. I'm not sure whether or not I should be disappointed about that.

Well screw what that Tobi freak said! I came here for a reason and I'm not letting anyone get in my way! There's no winning anyways. If I stay here Orochimaru will use me, drain the life out of me, and eventually kill me. If I go with Itachi this Tobi guy will try and go after me and Itachi and only kill me. Orochimaru will definitely kill me, Tobi might not because he may not be able to find me.

(Warning: Do NOT hate Sasori-Chan 4 what's about 2 happen! I love him, it was hard 2 write this ;-;)

"Shit!" I backed away just before the kunai knife could hit my face. It now was deeply lodged into the tree beside me and covered in some purple substance. Most likely some kind of poison. A hair away and that could've hit me!

"Where do you think you're going." Sasori. I knew he'd come. Great, this is such a bad time!

"Don't get your puppet in a twist, I'm going back inside." I grumbled. Forget about escaping now. I can't leave without Itachi. If he doesn't show up all my efforts would be in vain.

Sasori seemed dubious. "You're not allowed to leave. Just because we don't lock you up doesn't mean you're not our prisoner." he smirked, a knowing glint in his eye implying mischievous. "Do you even know why you're allowed here?"

My brow furrowed. I never really thought about that. I thought it was because Orochimaru asked but then I found out they didn't respect him.

"He promised that after he did whatever he wanted to do with you we could absorb the Jinjuriki power out of you. The process would kill you."

I was a little surprised but didn't show it. I was going to die anyways. But I had no idea they were after the tailed beast power I absorbed when I was a kid! Great, the chances of me living through all this is extremely thin. I would've felt forlorn but I have faith that Itachi would pull through for me this time.

"So what? Like I said before, I'm just going back inside." Just let it go!

He raised an eyebrow. "What were you doing outside then?"

I bit my lip. "Just for some fresh air."

He scoffed. "What do you take me for, a fool? I know why you came here and, as an Akatsuki member, I won't allow it." He was confident he could beat me. He wasn't even wearing his puppet that he used for fights. I wasn't even worth it to him.

I pulled out a kuani knife from the pouch on my side. "Let's see what you can d-"

"Amarante, you're needed by Leader-Sama."