14

My phone lights up on the kitchen table next to my bowl

My phone lights up on the kitchen table next to my bowl. Sweet Pea is calling me again. He's been calling and texting me since last night but I can't answer him. I don't know what to say to him.

"You know you're gonna have to answer him sometime." Jughead says from across the table with cereal in his mouth. 

"I will. After all this with Dad blows over." I say as I watch the call end. 

The bedroom door opens and Dad walks into the kitchen. 

"I'll see you at school, Stevie." Jughead grabs his bag and walks out the door. 

I stand up and face him. He's leaning against the counter with his arms crossed and a hard look on his face. "You lied to me. I asked you point blank if anything was going on with you and one of the Serpents and you lied to me." 

"At the time it was the truth, nothing was going on." I explain as calmly as I can. 

"Then you disobeyed me. I told you how I felt about you becoming a Serpent and that I didn't want you dating one and you just went and did it anyway." His voice is full of anger. 

"It's not like I went out and planned for this to happen, it just did."

"You know what's gonna happen now? You're gonna break up with him." He says. 

"What? You can't do that!" I shout even though I know I shouldn't.

"You wanna bet!" He step forward and points his finger in my face. "This is my house and as long as you live here, you will live by my rules." 

"This isn't fair!" I stomp my foot like a child. 

"I don't care! You're gonna break up with him, end of discussion!" He grabs his jacket and walks to the door. 

"Dad!" 

"End of discussion! Go to school." 

I huff and grab my stuff before stomping out of the door. 

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"He seriously wants you to break up with him?" Toni asks. 

She and I are sitting together at a table outside for lunch. 

"Yes." I sigh. 

"Have you told him?" 

"No, I don't know what to say to him." I've been avoiding Sweet Pea as much as I can today. Every text, every phone call has gone unanswered. 

"Well, maybe you should figure it out quick." She says and I furrow my eyebrows. She nods her head in the direction behind me. I turn around and see Sweet Pea walking over. He looks pissed. 

"Oh, God." I whine. 

"I'll see you later, good luck." She picks her things up and starts walking away.