Wicked

kenell closed her eyes feeling the tears stream down her cheeks. she hadn't cried this hard in forever. just a half an hour ago she was listening to music in the car laughing with her mom, but now kenell was sitting by her mothers remains watching as the car burned. it smelled of nothing but gasoline and burnt car parts. kenell looked down at her mom. she looked white as a sheet and like ice. the only color on her was the blood that flowed from her head and other injuries.

"mom." she didn't respond. "MOM! open you're eyes! LOOK AT ME." kenell bowed her head against her moms chest. "please mom wake up. for me. at least breath." kenell moved her head over her mothers heart. slowly she laid her head against her mothers heart hearing nothing. "close you're eyes kenell and sleep." Kenell whirled around see a teenager not much older than kenell with bright blue eyes and black wavy hair that feel to his brow. "who.." Kenell couldn't finish her sentence before darkness swept over leaving her body tingling.

Chapter one

Kenell opened her eyes slowly focusing on the white ceiling with spirals. it seemed a little fancy for a normal hospital ceiling. feeling confused Kenell sat up to see the wasn't in a hospital at all. not even close. the bed she was in was a king size bed with a gold fringe. feeling cramped kenell got up from the bed and walked over to the beautiful landing with flowers on the ledge. inhaling every bit of the outside air she felt relaxed, a cold breeze swept of her. Kenell backed up only to run into a hard and firm body. kenell turned quickly look into smokey grey eyes. not the same ones from earlier. Kenell's eyes ran over the strangers face he had a strong jaw line and blonde hair with brown. kenells lips parted but nothing came out her words were stuck. "Julian. where are you?" a teenage girl with long blond hair that fell to her back, and hazel eyes ran into kenells room and onto the landing look backing forth between Kenell and Julian. Kenell hadnt realized that Julians hands were on her back securing her "there you are Julian."

"hi Ella." Julian didnt sound happy to see ella. Julian moved his hands from kenells back to her face to strke her cheeck."Nice to see you again Kenny." Kennell sucked back a breath nobodys called her kenny since she was in the second grade. before Kenell could say anything julian put his arm around ella and jumped off the landing, comeing to the ground softly.

"Magnificent is int it." another one kenell whirled around to stare a beautiful porcelain blond boy with shining emerald eyes. no words came to kenells mouth, she stood frozen.

"Hello kennell, my name is shaye roseburn, shaye's short for shayden." finally kenell murmured hi.

"You must be so confused about everything." she nodded knowing it was somewhat of an underestimation. shaye the beautiful boy lead kenell back into her room leaving the landing allowing the breeze to drift through the room.

"First question for you kenell is what do you think this place is?"

"Uhm... I'm not to sure actually. i saw people outside and they looked like students.. are they?" shaye responded in no time.

"Yes they are." questions spun in kenells head like wheres her mom, what is this place exactly, and why am i hear?

"I'm so sorry Kenell you're mother well shes.. shes dead. we tried our hardest to save her, you have my word on that. And this is a school for... I'll tell you later. you're here because you re key to everything." DEAD. my mothers Dead, was all Kenell could think of. for unexplained reasons kenell didn't cry she sat down in the chair in a dark corner and stared at shaye with a blank expression.

"Oh kenell i dont know how to tell you." kenell looked down at her feet then back up to shaye. "Tell me what?"

"You're a blackburn."

"A what."

"A Blackburn. Its you're family name." kenell's face went from blank to white and confused. "My last names Noire not blackburn."

"Noire means black in french kenell. thousands of year you're bloodline brought an acient demon out name haehil little did they now that they'd be cursed with black magic and that the black magic would drift through every part of their generation. so when the towns people found out they decided they couldn't have that and slaughtered the entire blackburn family, but they didn't know that two survied a mother and a son. the mothers name was jasey, she came up with the idea to disguise the the family's name to protect her son malekye." Kenell rubbed at her temples.

"I still dont get what you're saying." Shaye finally snapped.

"For god and godess sake kenell you're a witch a very powerful one with black magic" Kenell walked to the dorms door and signaled shaye out.

"Try a spell Kenell you're more powerful than any living blackburn in the world making you the strongest witch in the universe." with that said Shaye closed the door behind him before kenell could slam it shut.

Feeling more alone then ever, kenell slipped out of the nightgown she hadn't had on the day before. she patted over to the dresser hoping clothing was on the inside. To her surprise every piece of clothing that belonged to her was in each drawer and even her shoes. Not thinking about the fact that she learned she was a witch with dark magic, kenell put on ripped jeans and a tank top, sliding a cardigan over that. before turned around she out in her black toms.

Kenell walked of the landing falling to the ground gracefully. "Wow." Kenell smiled to herself knowing she looked like a moron. Kenell was happy to find that people weren't staring at her weird. it took several moments for Kenell to realize she didn't know where the hell she was going. giving up Kenell found a big oak tree and sat under it feeling her shoulders untense against the hardness of the bark.kenell closed her eyes and thought of peaceful things until she drifted into a darkness.

This was the first nightmare kenell had since she was 9. but this nightmare was more dark and vivid. it was wrong. Kenell wore a black silk dress that suited every cuve on her body and stopped halfway above her kneee a little too short for kenell's taste.. the people aroiund kenell were dressed in all black as well. they were chanting words in a language thet she couldn't understand. "Who are you?" no one answwered.

"I said who are you?"

"its not use kenny." Kenell turned around to see the same man from the night her mother died. "Its Kenell!"

"Faire enough." Kenell felt knacked ad pulled the hem of the dress down. "Who are you?"

"Emerson burn." A witch Kenell practically hissed the words in her head. "Yes I'm a witch Kenell and so are you."

"Youre crazy!" Kenell ran her hand through her hair. "No I'm not kenell. you know its true. there's no denying it. you're a dark witch, you have dark blood. which means you've got all the power in the world."

"You're lying."

"Am i?" kenell stood frozen as Emerson lifted his hand and cupped her face with his hand. "I don't know."

"that's right there's no denying what you are." Emerson was so close to kenell she could smell everything off of him . He smelt like rose and honey suckle. Kenell couldn't help but want more.so leaned into his should molding her body against his.

"Wake up Kenell." the words were whispered in her ear. In no time Kenell's eyes snapped open. she slowly sat up recovering from the dream. not long ago Kenell could have tasted emerson but now Kenell was in reality all along in her dark room. wait her room. but Kenell was under the tree the ast time she remembered. feeling more than confused, a smell roamed around the room.

kenell sniffed the air smelling someting familiar. Kenell leaned over and flicked on the lamp. Kenell felt odd and stange and looked to her left feeling disturbed aswell. but there was nothing except something on the pillow next to her. a black rose. Kenell picked it up being careful not to prick her finger. there was a little note attached to it. it read FOR MY LITTLE DARKLING.Kenell didnt have to look at the signature at the botttom to know it was from Emerson. kenell brough the black rose up to her nose inhaleing every bit of it. it smelled like emerson had in her dream.

She jumped to a knock at her door knocking her heart into her stomach. "Come in." Kenell wasn't surprised to see Shaye.

"Hi." kenell shoved the black rose off the side of her bed along with the note. "I know you don't really want to see me kenell. but i was told to come get you for the cermony. the ceremony for you're initiation."