Chapter 4

Through the years - good and bad - Jason and Christine stuck together. They were the cutest couple and almost everyone knew about their loving relationship. When Jason turned 26 he bought himself a house with Christine which was not to far from their families nor to the riverbed where he grew up fishing. Unfortunately, Jason's beloved father had passed away a few months prior which made it to hard to return to that spot.

Although at times Jason had appeared a little distance, he proposed to Christine on their anniversary which consequently was also her birthday.

The wedding itself was nothing flash; the wife wore a simple, slim white dress and the husband was matching. Held in a beautiful church in the village where his dad lived, before taking a romantic ride along the same river in the similar wooden boat. Romantic, elegant and peaceful.

Once they passed an old oak tree on a wonderful walk along the riverbed and into the flowering fields a year later, Christine declared she was indeed pregnant with Jason's child. The father cried in delight, breathing deep.

An agonising wait of nine months to hear their babies cry, Christine shined through her mothering skills. She spoke about how in her teenage years, she helped her mother with her younger siblings; Jason had done the same.

In a short period of time, more beautiful babies were brought into the wonderful world. As a caring couple, they discovered the advantages and disadvantages of parenting. At times, Jason felt too young to be a father - his father was roughly forty before having children - while Jason was 27 plus. His mother always told Jason that he will cope and manage well because he was mature as well as Christine being a fabulous mother. Jason had always doubted himself; he thought there was always something he could do better.