No pulse

I struggled to believe what was in front of me at my feet on the ground was a dead man. I stood there in silence completely frozen all the nerves in my body stopped and a cold overwhelming feeling ran over me. I started hyperventilating, I couldn't breathe I gasped for air, I fell back and began wheezing and coughing. My vision was going blurry I looked up and a tall man ran to my side.

"Are you okay?"
"what happened, stay calm I'll call the police"
He helped move me up against a wall and i began to breathe slightly easier I heard him punching in numbers to a flip phone he'd called 000
"Yea no pulse "
Those words rang in my head over and over again until my thoughts became words and I was repetitively crying out
"No pulse!"
He looked at me concerned and drew his attention to me whilst police were on route.

"Just breathe , it'll be okay, what is your name?"
At this point I stopped shouting and began to really calm down tears stung my red face and my body cramped up
I whispered from my now sore throat
"I'm .. Marley"
He gave a small smile and sat next to me along the wall as we waited for police to arrive.

I turned my head and just stared at him in silence he didn't look much older than me and he seemed relatively calm given the situation.

"I'm Jack"
He said as he'd turned his head and looked at me I smiled and leant my head back against the wall.

After three more minutes the police arrived and I found myself being questioned by many different officers, I could no longer see jack he was taken by police somewhere.

"Where were you between the hours of 11pm and 2am" a short fat man with rounded glasses said sternly.

"Asleep in bed" i replies with Sutter sarcasm. He rolled his eyes and wrote down this informant  as though it would some how be useful in court.

"When will I be done here? My parent will wonder what's happened to me ."

"Your parents have already been called, now why were you walking such an indirect path to school?"
He said with extreme curiosity

"I was hit by a car yesterday sorta wanted to avoid that from happening again, you know" once again being as sarcastic as ever.

"Really sounds like a pot of lies to me "
He looked more angry with me and stared at me as though I was responsible for the death of someone.

As I proceeded to argue with him the conversation was broken by the sound of my father
"What on earth did you do Marley!"
His voice filled with frustration
"Dad I can explain "
"Please I'm, all, ears!"