Chapter 49: Paying attention

Start from the beginning

Even if I wanted nothing more than please him – in exchange for the promised reward of course – I couldn't help thinking about Thomas and the big leather collar he had made me wear, when Daddy closed the one he had selected around my neck. Even if they were completely different, it still triggered some anxiety. Thankfully, Daddy saw it and soothed me with kind and understanding words.

In the end, I quickly forgot it was there as soon as the scene began because it was so hot. The position Daddy had decided on was not a very hard one for me, and it was fairly easy to keep relaxed during the whole thing. I could have come instantly when he asked for the help of a volunteer, then being used by Daddy and this stranger was just great, even if it was a bit short.

I really wonder who he could be, so when Keith arrives in the Sub's room, I keep on ignoring Nathan like a spoiled child and immediately walk toward him.

"Your Daddy wasn't very pleased you weren't there for dinner," he tells me with a smile.

"Oh, I'm pretty sure he knew I wouldn't come," I reply.

I had told him as much before I stormed out of his office earlier.

"He did mention something about you not coming tonight, but I'm not sure it was related," Keith jokes, making me laugh.

"I'm glad Mr. Over-controlling hasn't killed your sense of humor yet," I tease him.

Keith has bitched a lot about how Ethan wants to control every single detail of his life, his friends – which Keith should choose better in any case – his schedule, even his clothes. I know I'd have run very fast out of the grip of such a Dom but for some reason, my friend hasn't voided their contract yet. Not that I don't like Ethan! He has been very friendly with me since Daddy and I started to be an item, and I remember how he encouraged me in my chase before, but he is just not my kind of Dom.

"He isn't that bad," Keith answers me, surprising me a lot.

"Who are you and what have you done with my friend Keith?"

Since we began talking in the Subs' room, he has complained about his Master in almost all our discussions.

"Stop that, Zach! He is actually kind of cool now that... you know... now that I behave a bit more," he adds in a meeker voice.

"So no more complaining about his authority?"

"Perhaps I needed that... I mean... I was going nowhere good and now he is pulling some strings to get me a spot at Columbia University to start a program next year. Not just buying myself in, he's making me work my ass off to be sure I'll be able to follow the courses. Yesterday he told me he was really proud of my progress and it felt so nice."

"That's so cool, Keith!" I exclaim.

He had started to study in a crappy college because he had slacked off his applications at the end of high school but quickly dropped out. He had told me his dream was to get into International Development, and Columbia is supposed to have a really good curriculum for that.

"That's exactly what you wanted!" I add.

"Yeah, and it's all thanks to him... without him I'd be dead..." he adds in a sad voice.

"Hey it's true he helped you a lot but that's no reason to stop complaining when he is too hard on you," I reply seriously. "Has he stopped bothering you with I don't know how many blowjobs?"

"God no! I swear he is addicted to them!" Keith chuckles. "But he often reciprocates, and it's usually super hot, so I can't really complain."

"Ugh, you are becoming all fluffy with him," I groan.