chapter 1

Diary entry #654
So this is is my last entry before im floated. Um i dont really know what to write. But i guess i dont care anymore. Mason if you read this I love you and i miss you.

Sincerely, Malorie Kingston

I shut my diary and slid it in my jean pocket. My birthdays today and im 18 now which means i die. I wish i did something with my life. All i do here is carve stuff into the cell walls and smart mouth the guards. Being arrested at 12 for being a second child is the worst. My mother was floated and my old man was floated for stealing for her. My brother, well lets just say hes reckless and never gets caught.

"prisoner 416, against the wall." a chubby guard said as he took out a box with some sort of bracelet.

"yeah ok, i know the procedure donut." you say as you turn around. As the man reaches for your arm you punch him on the left side of his jaw, and make a run for it.

'I dont wanna die, not now i didnt do much with my life i cant' you think to your self before everything turns black.

×××

"Mal? Hi sweetie" you hear your mother say as she runs her hand through your brown hair.

"Malorie."

"Mal."

"Malorie! Come on wake up!" you hear someone yell next to you.

"Am i dead?" you say drously.

"No not yet wake up." the voice stirrs. You open your eyes to see a boy with brown hair and a pair of goggles.

"Jasper!" you jump awake and hug him.

"Hey Mal." Jasper Jordan smiles hugging you back.

"Monty!" you yell as soon as you noticed Monty Green next to you as you hug him.

"Where are we?" you ask looking around.

"Going to the ground." Jasper says looking at you.

"What! Its not safe though" You say looking around to see deliquents either standing or sitting down. The Tvs turn on to show jaha. Everyone starts to yell at a dark skinned boy sitting next to a blonde headed girl.

"Whos that?" you ask about the boy.

"Oh him thats Wells Jaha." Monty says as he plays with his seatbelt.

"Oh, Wait wheres my brother?" you ask looking around.

"I saw him earlier i think hes on the first le-" Jasper was saying until he was cut off by the rock of the dropship.

"Whats happening!" you start to panic.

"the atmosphere" monty says. The ship rocks as you see three boys thrown in the air.

This is how i die im gonna die in a stupid dropship along with my two bestfriends. I cant die. Not now. At least i wont die by floating.

The ship comes to a stop and everyone is catching their breath as im looking down.

"Listen no machine hum." Monty says as i unbuckle my seatbelt and run to the ladder.

"Ok everyone. Slow down. Wait a second." I hear a man with slicked back black hair and a guards uniform on say.

"Bellamy?" A girl says. Oh my god thats Bellamy Blake he was another person with a sibling like me.

"My god, look how big you are" bellamy smiled as the girl hugged Bellamy.

"What the hell are you wearing, a guards uniform." she said looking at what he had on.

"I borrowed it to goet on the drop ship, someone got to take care of you." he said as the girl hugs him again.

"Wheres your wristband." this blonde chick ask completly ruining the moment.

"Do you mind i havent seen my brother in a year." she said.

"No one has a brother"

"Thats Octavia Blake, the girl they found hidden in the floor" someone said as Octavia lunged forward.

"Octavia, Octavia no, lets give them something else to remeber you by." Bellamy says.

"Yeah like what." Octavia says looking at her brother.

"Like being the first person on the ground in 100 years." Bellamy says.

Oh no what happends if the air is toxic or something horrible is waiting for us on the other side. I was also excited to see what was out there.

Next thing you know Bellamy's pulling down the latch and a gleaming bright light shines in. Green. Green everywhere the outside looks so alive and full of life. The sun is shining through the trees. The air. Oh my gosh and the air is amazing.

"We're back bitches!"