Carnivore:Tarbosaurus

Name - Tyrannosaurus bataar
Time period - Late Cretaceous
Location - Southern Mongolia, Asia 
Weight - 5 tons (10,000 pounds)
Height- 11 feet (3.5 meters)
Length - 32 feet (10 meters) 
Diet - Carnivore 

Discovered 1946 Southern Mongolia and named in 1955 , Tyannosaurus bataar, or Tarbosaurus, was a large tyrannosaur that derived from prehistoric Asia. During 72 - 68 million years ago, Tarbosaurus was the king of Asia, thriving with beasts such as Therizinosaurus cheloniformis and Shantungosaurus giganteus, it was the largest tyrannosaur during the time up until Tyrannosaurus rex. Many theories debated as to how Tyrannosaurus became to be in a land where it’s closest relative was the thin and quick Albertosaurus sarcophagus, one promotes the idea of a land bridge that spurred the migration of Tarbosaurus into North America; Whilst adults outcompeted Albertosaurus in power, juveniles had filled the same niche as Albertosaurus, eventually causing a mass dying of the faster tyrannosaurs, and an evolutionary change in all of North America. Tarbosaurus is a rather odd tyrannosaur when it comes to evolutionary advances, while other tyrannosaurs have their eyes facing forward to give depth perception, Tarbosaurus has it’s eyes facing towards the side, as a crocodile would have it’s eyes; this suggests that Tarbosaurus didn’t have the binocular vision most predators of today have. Whilst Tyrannosaurus has one of the smallest arms in proportion to body size, Tarbosaurus has the smallest arms in proportion to body size of any tyrannosaur. Tarbosaurus was a hadrosaur hunter, hunting hadrosaurs such as Saurolophus angustirostris, and even the mighty Shantungosaurus; Although they hunted hadrosaurs rather often, they wouldn’t pass up some of their other favored foods, such as Deinocherius mirificus or Therizinosaurus cheloniformis, and even a sauropod known as Nemegtosaurus mongoliensis.

Behavior/Territory

Tarbosaurus is one of the most aggressive tyrannosaurs on the island, sizing up targets that it feels capable of handling. Due to the amount of competition this beast has, it’s not unusual to see some of it’s teeth broken apart and chipped. Unlike other dinosaurs around it’s size, this beast is one of the only dinosaurs that prefers cannibalism over hunting smaller and easier to catch prey, as most resort cannibalism to last resort. A very aggressive predator indeed, Tarbosaurus has been known to even go up against Acrocanthosaurus over territory and food. These dinosaurs will usually greet their own kind with hostility, and maybe even attack them to eat them, with an exception to their own mates. A favored prey of this tyrannosaur is none other than the hadrosaurs, while Tyrannosaurus has evolved to take on ceratopsians and ankylosaurs, Tarbosaurus has evolved a lifestyle that prefers hadrosaurs such as Maiasaura peeblesorum and Shantungosaurus, usually hunting them by brute force alone.

Tarbosaurus are very territorial, scaring off dinosaurs like Carnotaurus sastrei and Allosaurus fragilis that pose no immediate threat towards it. If another Tarbosaurus come in it’s territory, the territory owner would most likely make a meal out of it’s intruder. Tarbosaurus usually patrol the territory constantly in search for intruders, and in the breeding season, wait for the opposite sex to come in to allow procreation or to form a mating bond. Tarbosaurus is known to protect it’s territory valiantly from anything it deems worth fighting, and while it’s usually a lost cause against some, There are times when the Tarbosaurs prevail. Often times the Tarbosaurs will show restrained mercy to their mates after defeating them in combat, and will allow them to leave the territory.

Breeding Habits

Tarbosaurus is one of the few dinosaurs on the island to not pair for life, as they pair for mutual benefit and little more, often departing if a more impressive partner rolls along. During the mating season, Tarbosaurus males that find a female will usually fight to the death, or until one gives in, although violent, it’s necessary, as Tarbosaurus males are known to eat children of other pairs. Once mated, the male Tarbosaurus will go around and look after the territory whilst the mother sits with her batch of eggs. Tarbosaurus are known to have anywhere from 2-4 eggs a batch, this helps promote fertility, as most will be cannibalized by another Tarbosaurus if it wanders in the territory. The male will patrol the territory to stop any aggressors from coming in, in the event that an aggressor gets close to the offspring, the female will lash out and attempt to kill the attacker. Offspring will usually threaten off attackers that one of their parents are threatening as practice for their adult life. When food is scarce, the parents will encourage their kids to cannibalize each other, and watch as they do so without helping. This is an encouraging lifestyle for these dinosaurs, and it would be worthwhile to eat their siblings rather than starve. Once they grow up and get to 80%(.8) of their parent’s size, the parents will shove them off the territory. 

Packing: Pairs
Nesting: 2-4 eggs a clutch
Aggression: High aggression towards Acros, two or more Carnos, two or more Allosaurus, and other Tarbosaurs not in it’s pair, Medium to everything else
Mating: Paired
Other: offspring get kicked out at 8 months