James looked up at him now, "You're keeping some sort of secret from me."
"What?" Sirius stepped back.
"You're keeping some sort of secret from me that involves Asteria and I don't know what it is but... We're best friends, why wouldn't you tell me?"

Sirius was dumbfounded. Sure, he knew of the secret he was keeping from James but it wasn't a big deal. Okay, it was a big deal but it was nothing that affected James.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Sirius shrugged.

Truth was, Sirius didn't want James to overreact. Of course, James would do that either way. Sirius was just worried his friends would expect everything to change when that wasn't the case.

Was it?

"And now you're lying to me. Brilliant. Real good friend you are." James grumbled.

Sirius opened his mouth to put James back in his place but was rudely interrupted.

"Ja-Potter?" Lily rounded the corner now, playing with her prefect badge pinned neatly on her robes, "Black? What are you two up to?"

"Nothing." James replied.
"Literally." Sirius added.

"You two should be in lessons. You're not planning some prank together, are you?" Lily folded her arms and glared at the boys.

"Not together, no." James shot Sirius a look.
"Wouldn't want that." Sirius mumbled.

"You need to go to class then. I don't want to have to take away house points." She raised her eyebrows now.
And then Remus Lupin rounded the corner too.

"Lil, McGonagall says-" Remus stopped speaking as his eyes glanced over the scene, trying to figure out what was going on.

Asteria sat in Charms, completely oblivious to everything that was happening in the corridors just outside the classroom. She flicked through her book, widening her eyes at the realisation of how much they would have to memorise for the upcoming OWLs.

"Halloway, hey!" Someone hissed from behind her.

She ignored it.
She should have known though, you can't ignore a Slytherin.

"Halloway!"

Asteria gritted her teeth and rolled her eyes as she forced herself to turn around. Her gaze met Snape's cold one as he grinned with victory at gaining her attention.

"What?" She snapped.
"No need to be so rude." Snape smirked.
"What?" She repeated.

"I was wondering if the rumours about you and that dirty gryffindor blood traitor were true?" He sneered.

Asteria bit down on her bottom lip, "Do you want me to tell Regulus you said that?"

Snape opened his mouth angrily to reply when the boy he was sitting next to interrupted.

"Don't talk to that mudblood, Snape." Avery spat towards Asteria.
"Last time I checked, Snape was a halfblood himself." Asteria frowned at the two of them.

"Snape? Since when? You're a liar and a muggle!" Avery chuckled.

"Miss Halloway! Please refrain from distracting the other students!" The professor called from the front of the class.

Asteria grumbled and shot one last glare towards Snape before turning back around and facing the front of the class.

The end of the lesson couldn't come quickly enough. As they were dismissed, Asteria shoved her books into her bag as quickly as possible before dashing from the room.
The corridor remained empty as she escaped and the only other person already out was Lily.

The redhead lent against the wall opposite where Asteria stood and looked up as she approached.

"Lil? What's up? Aren't you meant to be prefecting?" Asteria asked, moving closer to Lily.

"Yeah, probably. I just need to speak to you." Lily grabbed Asteria's arm and pulled her out into the corridor as other students started to file out of the classes.

Asteria followed quietly until they stood alone, under the shelter of the large oak tree.

"What is it?" Asteria asked, pulling herself free from Lily's grasp.
"I know about you and Sirius."

The breath got caught in Asteria's throat. She certainly hadn't been expecting that, nor did she know what to say of how Lily would react.

"I'm not mad you kept the secret. I get it, really I do. I mean, I kind of wish you'd come to me but... Anyway, I'm getting distracted. I was prefecting earlier and came across James and Sirius arguing." Lily explained.

"What? Why would they be arguing?"
"I'm guessing if you didn't tell me, Sirius didn't tell James. James seems convinced there's a secret and is annoyed Sirius won't tell him." Lily replied casually.

"I said something like this would happen! I said this would make James hate me!" Asteria exclaimed angrily, "I was right and he didn't believe me."

"Ria, you and Sirius need to get over whatever reasons you have for trying to hide your relationship and-"
"Woah, Lily, I'm not sure this is a relationship." Asteria chuckled lightly, trying to ease the situation but failing fantastically.

"How long have you two been thing? I've known for the past week, Sirius is terrible at hiding things." Lily shrugged.
"This is off topic." Asteri brushed her hair out of her eyes, "The label of me and Sirius isn't relevant."

"Okay, but we will be having this conversation at some point." Lily nodded, "You need to get Sirius and force him to tell James. You guys don't have to go public to the whole school, just let James in on the secret. Surely it isn't worth making them fall out? You can't expect Sirius to choose between the two of you, that's unfair."

"I'm not making Sirius choose! I want him to be honest with James I really do. Obviously James is closer with him and a better friend." Asteria grumbled.

"Ria, just tell James the truth. He deserves it." Lily pleaded.
"I will do." Asteria agreed, "But since when have you been so interested in James' wellbeing?"

Lily blushed slightly, "Do you think it's time to go and revise? The OWLs won't sit themselves."

-

A/N 

Currently, I'm planning on making this story into a trilogy but idk

There will be at least one sequel to this book but don't worry this one isn't nearly over yet

Also, hopefully I'm going to be publishing a lot of new stories soon so please check those out

Thanks again!!!