"Sapphire, c'mon, just eat," Bailey pleaded. She had the same tired look in her eyes; she probably was worrying all night for her bestfriend too. "She'd want you to eat."

Sean knew Bailey was right.

She would probably smack his shoulder or flick his forehead if he forgot to eat again. That's what she always does when Sean forgets to eat or skips meals because of rushed or tight schedules. She always kept him in check.

Sitting down with a sigh, he tiredly plopped down on a vacant chair between Kaycee and Noah. He checked his phone one last time before letting out another defeated sigh.

He felt a hand on his shoulder. It was Kaycee, with the same tired look on her face.

"She'll be there later. She will come, Sean, she will," but even Kaycee seemed unsure of what she said. But still, she let a hopeful smile spread on her face.

For a sliver, Sean's worry withered away slightly. But still, the nagging worry in his heart remained.

10AM rolled around in a jiff. They were already back at the Lions Productions and Records compound, and inside the conference room they were in a few days ago.

To Sean, it seemed like an eternity but it was only a span of three hours.

But those were three hours of uncertainty that Sapphire would actually show up. A huge part of him prayed that she would be there. God, he missed her that much.

"Calm down, Sean," Kenneth told Sean, who was unconsciously bouncing his right leg while being sat down.

Sean slightly offered Kenneth a small smile before running his hands over his face in a hard manner. He really needed to shake himself up and wake up before he resembles the walking soup brain. Everyone else was probably really worried too, but not as much as him.

However, Jordyn remained unbothered and indifferent, investing her attention on her phone and on Noah and Geo who sat at the very end away from the group.

10:10AM. It was already 10 minutes late, yet there still was no sign of the feisty black-haired girl. Suspiciously, Malina wasn't around either.

10:20AM. They were already starting the table reading, despite the no show of two members of the cast. Sean was starting to lose hope. Maybe she went back to LA, went back home, and went away. She wouldn't do that, would she?

10:30AM. Almost half an hour, yet still, no open doors or signs that she would arrive. Sean wanted to break away from this table reading already. He needed to find her.

Suddenly, the door flew wide open with a bang. But it was Malina who came running in with slightly fuzzy hair and frenzied expression, indicating how much she probably rushed.

"Super duper ruper luper sorry for being late! Traffic around the complex is really hectic this month!" Malina gasped, plopping down on a chair.

Sean deflated back in his chair in disappointment after unconsciously standing up from his seat in a hopeful manner.

But his head looked up once again when another figure entered the room quietly.

"Sorry we were late." It was a soft whisper, yet it was audible enough for everyone to hear. It was silent when she walked over to the empty chair between Malina and Jade.

Everyone, except the three (Geo, Noah, Jordyn), looked visibly relieved at the sight. It was almost as if relief wafted off of them in huge waves.

But she looked drained and weak. Her eyebags appeared darker and deeper, and her eyes looked as empty as a dry swimming pool: wide, void, and silence being as loud as the droplets of water echoing across the empty space. But she didn't even look them in the eye. She was avoiding them like a person avoiding Medusa's eyes.

Sean just really wanted to go to her, and hold her, and just be there for her.

But this goddamn table reading, and conference table was getting in the way.

"So shall we start again?" Katherine beamed, clapping her hands together excitedly.

Sean just really wanted this to be over.

--
im tired and this week has been really because of school so HERE YA GO LUVLIES