CHAPTER ONE.

Can't Understand.

CHAPTER ONE

Walking, shaking, through the rough fields of the montains. Weather had no mercy upon me and it just beat down from the never ending sky. My feet hurt as I shook myself from my dizziness and weaknesses. I knew I was about to give in, but I must go on.

Shelter was a few short paces away when I noticed a cave. I immediately felt a boost go through my vains and, probably, hope. Throwing myself in, taking deep breaths to heal my exhaustion. Then, I felt pain course through me. Then my muscles made me straighten and I dropped an egg behind me.

I shook fiercely, I must incubate my egg before it becomes too cold and dies.

Collecting stones wasn't that hard of a job since my new cave-home provided me with many things I needed. I stacked them up, one after the other carefully. Then I placed the precious egg, that would soon be my own life, in it. I took a deep breath and ignited the gases in me then brought it up to my mouth to create a spark and then fire. I blew this fire into the square shaped hole in the structure I created.

I must warm my egg or else I won't be able to move on. I need someone else to be here, my own self can't be alone much longer.

Many days passed. The sun rose then the moon pushed it down for its own turn. I was heating the precious thing again while twilight began to show itself to all. Then, a 'crack' sound made its way into ny ear. What's this?

I stop my fire and get defensive, scanning my area to find nothing. I look at my egg to see a crack. It started to rock around, side to side. Suddenly, another crack appeared. Another, and another. Soon, it broke open and I was overjoyed to see my baby finally free from its little prison of birth.

I pulled it out and I put my head down to its. It was male, I had heated quite much then to receive this gender, but I didn't mind.

I, finally, had a child.

My mate had left me for another (more younger) feminine and left me pregnant with this angel I held here. He blinked quite a few times and let his tail slide around the floor behind him, adjusting to itself. My own life was hard, I don't want this child to have the same life as I.

Growing up an orphan was hard. Paws aching, scales broken, skin cracked, living in complete loneliness. My mother had kept me safe as long as she could, my father did too. But another came along and battled him to the death for my mother. He died, sadly. The other dragon got her pregnant and she died, while failing to give an egg.

That other dragon, who could be referred to as my step father, left me. He had no interest in my puny and weak self. He had the instinct to leave me for death to swallow. Yet, I won't leave my child alone when I'm gone.

My child squirmed around and crawled slowly to me. I lowered my head to the floor and gave a deep sigh. He flinched and straightened, then he began jumping all around me and the cave, excited to explore. I let him frolic until he needed to eat. I made him stay, he seemed to comprehend as I left.

God, let this child live to understand life and not let any harm reach him. I pray that he is going to be fine every time I leave him alone. Please, to which ever god that's real or out there. Watch over him.

Soon, returning with montain goats, I came back and was relieved to find my child sleeping soundly. He must've smelled the blood from the prey I brought since he woke and seemed to be happy of my arrival. He jumped over, like one of those hounds when they were cheerful, and dragged his share over to his spot. I helped him then ate mine, as he consumed his.

Now that I look at it, he was beautiful. Small, not scrawny, he had scales of all colors. He showed mostly red with bright orange and black eyes which seemed to fade to blue with his scales. Not so long talons poked from his 'fingers'. He had a beautiful personality I should say. He seemed happy, cheery, excited to explore and live this new life.

He had, also, already changed my own life. I felt renewed with new child, a new life. I shall be strong, for him. Only for this blessed child I gave life to.