Chapter 2 - The Serpent in Wolves clothing

Chapter 2

Sprawling yourself out on your bed, you moved to wonder what Malfoy's letter had stated could it on been another of his tricks or maybe a confession, pushing your hair back you sit up, your roommates' beds has remained empty, pristine from the house elves making them. You turned your head and checked the clock your nap hadn't been too long only 3 hours a it now stood at 10am. Stretching and cracking what felt like every bone in your body you got up, you'd fallen asleep in your robes, so you pulled them off grabbing a black turtle neck and some baggy black jeans, pulling over a random jacket and fixing a belt around your waist, you quickly fixed your makeup and padded down the dorm stairs with your bare feet.

You didn't plan to leave the common room so shoes and sock where optional in your mind. Scanning the room you'd noticed a few 3rd years playing board games sat close to the fire, a Ravenclaw lead across a 5th years lap asleep and staring across the room at you was a sulken faces Malfoy.
His fingers twitched as he saw you scanning your face, clearly he thought you'd show no signs of the answer he wanted and walked over, the sound of his large boots hitting the floor "L/N" he stated, you sighed looking down as you rubbed the sleep out of your eyes "What a pleasure to see you here Draco,"You didn't have the energy to deal with him right now which clearly made him more annoyed than he already way.
"I saw you drop a letter in the fire."He stated, you smirked at this lifting your head up.
"Yes and what about it?"you confronted him, he seemed to be taken back, he scanned your face with his eyes once again.
"Did you read it?"He asked his confidence seemed to of faded away compared to usual you scoffed and moved past him.
"No, i have much better things to do than read your silly little love notes."Continuing on your path to the book self he followed in tow.
"You can't just ignore me like that!"He stated in annoyance "I'm."
you cut him off "Save me the sob story Malfoy, I didn't read it, I don't want to read nor will I ever want to read it."You said coldly, he'd pestered you enough for the past seven years and he'd ended up pushing your buttons a lot more in the recent year.
With his pride clearly bruised he sulked away.

Pulling one of the large books off of the shelf you sat down, the chair in front of your pulled out and a 6th year sat down "Y'know i've  really been into reading Macbeth lately," Said the gummy smiled Slytherin, sometimes you'd question how he wasn't sorted into Hufflepuff or even Gryffindor "Coninous."You smile softly "I missed you!" Coninous was a tall slender brown haired boy, though younger than you, you'd drawn quite a liking to him, maybe even more than just a liking, laughing at him you fiddled with your hair "I missed you too." He places his hand on top of yours before you flipped it over and flicked his palm "so wanna explain the Macbeth dealio?"you asked as he moves his hand away to pull the large book out of his bag "well yes, my mum, yknow the muggle she is didn't agree with the books i was sent home with to read, stating I need to read real Muggle literature,"Coninous laughed "little does she know Shakespeare was a wizard too" Coninous was an outgoing lad, born to a Muggle mother and a wizard father, his father had left not long before he'd been born so he was raised with an unknowing muggle mother, poor woman didn't know what had hit her when the Hogwarts letter came through the door.

Moving your hand you ran a finger down Coninous' forearm he gave a sheepish smile "stop Y/N, that tickles!"he laughed as you continued playfully, he caught your hand in his large one making your heart suddenly burst with happiness though you couldn't shake the feeling for being watched.

This feeling didn't stop whilst you spent your day with Coninous, your hufflepuff friend Rayn had joined you to sit on the sunny friends for lunch, Rayn and Coninous were close friends, Rayn being a muggle-born and Coninous growing up in the muggle world they got on like wild fire relating to things you as a Half blood raised in the Wizarding world was yet to understand. Often you'd felt threaten by Rayn they where so happy and bubbly all the time how could your cold personality ever compete for Conincous' affection.

Getting a shiver down your spine you look around at the feeling of being watched but everyone seemed to be too concerned with own things to give you the time of day. This feeling was broken with Coninous placing his large arm around your shoulder pulling you in "what's up, Snake got your tongue?"you snapped back to reality as his terrible snake pun.
"huh?" you asked moving your head to once side into his shoulder.
"I asked you a question you silly goose!"he said, yup, he must of been sorted wrong there's no other way.
"oh!" you say fully snapping back to reality "i must of missed it, what was it," Rayn giggles at your cluelessness "he asked you to date him." your heart dropped.