Chapter 2

"Come on mate, it's your 21st birthday. We have to go out to celebrate" Jason's mad chum Kyle exclaimed. "You are only 21 once!"

"Actually, theoretically speaking, you are 21 for 365 days" Jason replied with a cheeky grin on his face.

"Okay... Well I'm gonna take that as a yes to going out. I'll pick ya up say, 9 o'clock" Kyle spoke enthusiastically before bouncing out of the house were Jason lived with the rest of his family. Although he had money he could move out and buy a place of his own, something always seemed to keep him there.

Buttoning up his smart white shirt leaving the top button undone, Kyle pulled onto the driveway with a car full of other old college companions. Calling shotgun, Jason jumped into the front - after kissing his mum goodbye - they bombed down the streets into the heart of Manchester where the best clubs and pubs were. Jason wasn't much of a drinker but very much a socialiser and a good friend.

By the time they arrived and found a car park, it was gone 11pm. Considering it was a Saturday night in the city centre, hardly anyone was in the clubs.

"Jase mate, I 'eard you was creating a new move yeah?" Carl, the youngest of us all shouted over the music. Nodding, Jason was the first onto the dance floor to show off his new party trick - break dancing. As a round of applause warmed Jason, he perfected his shirt and tidied his hair. It seemed that after everyone watched Jason dance, they wanted to move on the dance floor themselves. Quickly, the club became poplar as hundreds started to flock in; dancing, drinking and partying while all dressed in many different colours; green; blue; gold; black. After Jason drunk a number of alcoholic drinks - no where near the amount his friends were intaking - he started to dance with a young woman called Christine. You could easily tell by the way Jason acted that he fancied her. She was tall, slim with curves, had shortish brown hair and gorgeous chocolate eyes. He acted like it was prom night, they had drinks together, danced, conversed and basically got to know each other a little better. By the end of the night, they had switched phone numbers.

Who knows how long this will last?