17: "You're afraid of me?"

Start from the beginning

"Liar."

"I swear, I am not lying. I have two hundred pounds upstairs but please-"

"Money isn't why I'm here." He says and takes duct tape out of his jacket. This is not happening right now. And then I see the two chairs in the middle of the room.

"Then why are you here?" I ask and he points the gun at us before he motions for us to go and sit down on the chairs. We do everything he motions for us to do.

"When is your father coming home?"

"He's at an event out of town." Jason tells him as he tapes our wrists to the armrests, really tightly. I feel like my blood circulation is about to be cut off soon.

"Then I guess I'll have to wait until he comes back."

"Are you going to kill him?" I ask him, fearing the answer.

"He took my life away the moment he got me sentenced to life in prison, so I am going to do the same. But first I am going to make him watch while I take his kids away, just like he did to me." he says and I don't know why, but it makes me a bit relieved, because there is time to figure out something.

Suddenly, the doorbell rings.

"Don't you dare scream." He says, pointing the gun at me.

"There is a camera outside and we can see who it is on the TV." I tell him, trying to seem like I am cooperating.

He gives me the remote and I struggle to press the buttons on it with my hands tied so tightly. The doorbell rings again, more insistently.

"It's Niall." I say as soon as I see the live footage. His father doesn't seem to give a shit.

"He'll go away." He tells me and turns off the TV.

"Rey, I saw that your car is here. I need to talk to you! I'm not going away until you answer the door." Niall yells from outside.

"He won't go away." I say and his dad rolls his eyes.

"You couldn't have found someone better than my low life son?" he spits and points the gun right into my face. "You are going to get rid of him."

He cuts the tape off with a knife he kept in his boot, and then presses the gun to my back as he pushes me towards the door. Just as we reach the door, the doorbell rings again and he steps aside so Niall won't see him if I open the door a bit, but the gun is still cold against my spine.

I press a button on the alarm panel that will silence any sound it makes, before I give the wrong code in, which I know will immediately trigger the alarm company and they will call my dad. I try to seem casual, acting like that's what I need to do to open the door, before I finally open it slightly so half of my body is showing.

"I don't want to talk to you right now Niall. Please go away." I say and intend to close the door but he presses his palm against it.

"I know I was a dick, I'm sorry-"

"Look, everything you said that day on the roller coaster in Thorpe Park should be true right now okay?" I say, praying to God he remembers that time he said he wished his dad were dead.

He frowns like he's making the connection and I scratch my throat, hoping he'll see the tape marks on my wrist. He does and then he inhales, like he wants to smell something before his eyes darker and his nostrils flare.

The gun taps me shortly on my spine; a sign for me to speed this up.

"What are you saying?" he asks, like he thinks I'm joking or something.