Chapter 7

Previous Chapter:
Relief and worry flooded me. Harry was coming home, but he was injured. But that was the last letter I had ever gotten from him, because what happened next...
**
She was sobbing. The letter she read from sat on her lap. My heart broke for her, thinking of what it must feelblike to lose a loved one.
"He sent me this," she said and held the letter
**
He stood there, in his military uniform. A medal was strung around his neck. I sobbed. A friend I made in the hospital, Kathryn, came in at that time and consoled me. She held me as I cried. I had never felt more alone than I had that day.
He was coming home on a plane, when the Germans spotted it. He was the only survivor on that plane. He tried to get the pilot and his fellow soldiers out, but he couldn't.
For years he beat himself up over it. He turned to alcohol and became a drunk. Every night, he would have nightmares about that day. He eventually got Cancer. Nancy and I had become friends again, and Kathryn and I became friends as well. They both supported me through this crisis. He didn't get better. He started being healthy again though, he poured all the alcohol down the drain, exercised his bad leg... he was making progress.
**
I smiled. It would have a happy ending.
"He got healthy and eventually died from the cancer?" I asked, a smile on my face.
She smiled sadly, "Not true my dear."
She shovelled about on the chair
**
"You... you... I cannot believe you!" I cried, throwing anything I could at him, "You were overdosing!"
He caught everything I threw.
"No I wasn't! The pain was unbearable so I thought that maybe I could take a little extra to put it off for longer!"
"Get out," I sad, pointing to the door.
He looked shocked, his mouth a perfect halo and his eyes as big as clocks.
"Get out of this house!" I yelled at him.
As if on autopilot, he took his jacket and hat off the hook and walked out. I heard the door open and slam and the car begin. I collapsed onto the sofa and began sobbing. At some point I must have fallen asleep. Because I was woken up by a shrill ringing from the phone. I got up and shuffled over to it.
I picked it up with shaky hands, "Hello?"
"Good evening ma'am. May I please speak to Mrs Watson?"
"Speaking," I stammered.
"Ma'am this is the Eastern River hospital,"
My blood ran cold.
**
Her tears pooled in her eyes and swam down her cheeks. It was as if they were racing each other.
I, too, began to tear up. It reminded me of when I saw my dad die. I crossed over the seats and held her, just like she said Nancy and Kathryn did.
I sat there, crying while she tried to compose herself. She got up and went to the bathroom. I just sat and waited for her.
**
Hey guys,
OMG was I the only crying when I read this?? Yes?? Okay sorry. So guys I wanted this book to be like 20 chappies but I think it might be less... unless you want me to babble on.. it might be twelve or thirteen.
IDK!!!!
Oh well... You'll see what happens to Harry in the next chapter...
I wanted Riley and Lucy to get together but he got cut out completely so yea... Oh well...
Anyways guys, please don't forget to vote or comment.
Thank you all xxx