ii. nerd school

Word count: 2.1K

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑰𝑰 ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:

"What are we doing at your nerd school?" Hiro groaned.

"Um, yeah? Bot fight's that way!" you reminded them, nudging them and then gesturing to the right direction with your thumb.

"Gotta grab something," Kori and Tadashi claimed as they parked.

You and Hiro exchanged annoyed glances and then rolled your eyes. Inside the lab, Hiro whined, "Is this gonna take long?"

"Relax, you big baby. We'll be in and out," Tadashi sassed.

"Anyway, you've never seen our lab," Kori mentioned.

"Oh great, we get to see your nerd lab," Hiro replied with a heavy amount of sarcasm. He stepped through the doors despite the warning of someone testing an advanced kind of bike.

"Heads up!" the student said, and Hiro stumbled right back into you, almost knocking you over. They then hopped off the bike, slinging it onto the suspended magnetic hangers. They pulled off one of the two wheels, examined it, and flung it behind them as they walked away. The wheel, however, returned to its previous position.

Fascinated, you walked over to the mechanism, stepping under it to go to its opposite side. You noticed how the link between the wheel and bike was absent, so you waved your hand between the two parts.

"Woah. Electromag suspension?" you wondered aloud.

"Hey. Who are you?" A voice startled you and Hiro; it was the person that tested the bike. You attempted to explain yourselves, but luckily your siblings stepped in.

"Oh, uh, we're..."

"GoGo, this is my brother, Hiro."

"And my sibling, (Y/N)."

GoGo took off her helmet, blew a bubble with her gum, and snapped it. "Welcome to the 'nerd lab,'" she greeted, raising her eyebrows at the mention of the "nerd lab."

Hiro let out a flustered laugh, "Yeah."

"I've never seen electromag suspension on a bike before!" you remarked, wanting to change the subject.

"Zero resistance, faster bike. But, not fast enough..." GoGo said as she took off the wheel, throwing it into a pile of several other defects, "...yet."

You and Hiro looked around the lab, admiring every piece of technology in sight. He dragged you over to one of the many lab stations, but you freed yourself of his grip when he walked past the cautionary tape on the ground.

"Oh! Woah, woah, woah, woah! Do not move! Behind the line, please!" the man exclaimed, and Hiro then obeyed. You gave him a nudge on the shoulder for being careless.

"Hey Wasabi, this is my brother, Hiro, and Kori's sibling, (Y/N)." Tadashi introduced us to Wasabi.

"Hello, Hiro, (Y/N). Prepare to be amazed," he stated, showing the apple that he held in one hand. "Catch." He tossed it to you, but less than halfway across, it split into many thin slices.

"Wow," Hiro marveled as he plucked an apple slice from the air. Wasabi pulled a lever nearby to exhibit the plasma behind his project. "Laser-induced plasma?"

"Oh yeah, with a little magnetic confinement for, uh, ultra-precision," Wasabi beamed, presenting his extremely neat tool organization.

"I love it! It's so meticulously organized!" you said, admiring the layout.