Chapter Two: Interrogation and Experiments

Tosaki Yuu had just gotten off the phone with the local police department, as his black-haired secretary stepped into the white car. "There's another one." Izumi looked over at her blond haired superior in surprise. One, he hadn't noticed that she had changed her clothes, which calmed her a bit, but then there was reason two, that there was another Ajin found so soon after 003 was found. "Who is it?" The black haired Ajin asked the glasses-wearing man. "A sixteen-year-old girl named Nakamura Miyu, who, coincidentally, went to the same school as 003, Kei Nagai," The blue-eyed man stated as he looked over to Izumi. "What's with the outfit?" He asked, taking a few of the mints from the packet. This comment made her look down in embarrassment before answering, "I'm sorry. I didn't have a change of clothes. I tried to choose the plainest clothes ther-" Izumi was cut off by Tosaki, "Your report." At this comment, the embarrassment left the secretary's eyes. "Right. Nagai Eriko was taken three hours ago from her hospital room. Tanaka and the man in the hat were most likely-"Tosaki once again cut her off, sending a glare her way. "I don't care about that. I want to hear about how the fight between black ghosts went," He told her, before looking out the window once more. "Yes, of course, Tosaki."

---

Tosaki stepped into the house belonging to the Nakamura household. It was Funny, how fate worked. His first Ajin case, after all, was the Nakamura Shinya case. And here he was, investigating another one. Although he himself wasn't sure if Nakamura Miyu and Nakamura Shinya were related, it seemed Nakamura's would haunt him. He wasn't even too sure what happened to Nakamura Shinya. He had just disappeared two years beforehand. Casting that aside, the male marched his way to the living room of the house, to see a forty-something-year-old Woman, sitting on the sofa, staring blankly at the television. More specifically at her daughter's face, which had come up alongside a picture of Nagai Kei and another of Tanaka Koji. Tosaki could see that she had paused the television though, judging by the small pause sign in its left-hand corner. "Mrs Nakamura," The blond said, catching the orange-haired Nakamura's attention. "Ah...Mr Tosaki...I've been expecting someone to visit sooner or later," Her voice was hoarse, but not in the way that it hadn't been used for a while, but more like she had been crying. A lot.

"I imagine it's about my daughter as well..." She murmured, her purple eyes closing and opening slowly. "You are correct, Mrs Nakamura. I would like to ask you a few questions about your daughter's past," Tosaki said to the older woman, not even waiting for her to reply. "Was there ever a time when your daughter, something had happened to her?" The official asked, resting his elbows on his knees as he sat down opposite her. "Well, yes there was. One time..." She mumbled to herself as Tosaki waited for her to continue, "When she was eight...She had disappeared for a few weeks. She claims to have no recollection of it, so we decided better than to bring it up with her around. And then, a few years after, my nephew- Who was like a brother to her -disappeared. That seemed to change her a bit. Not much, just a bit." "Nephew?" Tosaki questioned, not having seen anything about more than four Nakamura's having stayed in this house. "Ah, yes...My Nephew..." The purple-eyed woman said with a sigh.

"My nephew...His parents died when he was very young, in a car crash. Of course, I decided to take him in and raise him as my own. He always called me Aihi-Obatan as a young child because he couldn't pronounce Aihime-Obachan yet..." The older woman sighed, a reminiscent look in her eyes, as though she was looking back at pleasant memories. "What was his name?" The official asked, wondering if it really could have been Nakamura Shinya after all. "Name...? Oh...He was officially called Akibara Shinya, but when he went to college, he had gone to the government to change his last name to Nakamura. He wanted to truly be one of us..." She sighed, looking back over to Tosaki, only to see that he'd left the room. Surprised, Nakamura Aihime unpaused the television, a sad look filling her eyes at the sight of her daughter's face again.

---

Ring. Ring. Nakamura Miyu looked down at her phone in fear and saw it to be an unknown number. Answering it cautiously, "Hello..?" "Is this Nakamura Miyu-San? This is the local police station. We do hope you enjoy your time in government custody. Farewell," The line went flat. Eyes widening, the blonde dropped the phone and ran. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. I shouldn't have thought it was someone who wanted to help me. Of course, it was the police. Running as fast as her legs would take her, she almost tripped several times. The feeling of wind whizzing past her made her look to her left, to see what looked to be a dart there. No...That isn't any old dart...That's a tranquillizer dart! Speeding up her run, she tripped, sending herself sprawling down a hill onto a concrete path. Feeling something hit her right arm, she looked over, but her movements were sluggish. Not normal. What she saw explained that. She'd been hit. Her eyelids were getting heavier to hold open, and sounds softer. "004 has been hit, requesting transport," A voice said, right as her entire world went black.

Eyes opening, Miyu was surrounded in a world of black and white fuzz. Where were her glasses? And why was everything so much brighter in her left eye while the right couldn't even open? "Heart rate; Normal. Neuro waves; Average. Commencing experiment No. 1," A voice called out, as a blurred blob, that she assumed was a human, walked into her field of vision. Attempting to move her limbs, before she froze. Why can't I move...? Panic overtook her, and it became clear through her heart rate, which had sped up, and her frenzied movements. Trying to shout for help, she found that she couldn't and that all that escaped her mouth were muffled shouts that no one would be able to hear clearly. "First order of business, test how much pain this one can take before they reset on their own," That one sentence sent fear into Miyu's system, shaking her head as much as she could as her limbs fought failingly against the restraints. A muffled scream escaped her mouth when something cut into her ankle. Right between where the ankle bone and leg bone met. Blood soaked into the white bandages covering her whole body, as the limp that was now shaking violently, blood spurting out.

Leaving the now unattached foot on a side table, they proceded to move farther up the leg, This time cutting straight between the kneecap and the lower leg bone. That evoked another muffled cry from Miyu, tears leaving from her shut eyes. Blood was starting to become visible around where her mouth was beneath the bandage, as she was biting her lower lip to try and ease the pain a bit. "Very sensitive to pain, they clearly haven't died much, and if they've died, their deaths have always been relatively painless," One surgeon stated, cutting away at the muscle that still remained attached to both parts of her right leg. Stifled cries of pain were becoming louder every time one of their tools cut through Miyu's body, but it was becoming clearer that she was getting slower at recognising the pain, close to bleeding out and 'Reseting'.

Something dropped into her eye as a clear scream sounded through the small room. The sound of a body dropping to the floor was heard as Miyu tried to blink away whatever was in her eye, her movements still sluggish. But, out of the corner of her eye, she saw small black particles floating around in the shape of a human, in a way, but the pieces kept shifting around, it was hard to distinguish. "What...Did I...Do to...deserve...this..?" It murmured, in its alien-like voice. It scared the red-eyed girl a bit, quite frankly. Did I make that thing..?! It's already shifting body, started to disintegrate before her, just as Miyu's vision started to blur more than before. Once again, just like before, Miyu's vision went black.

---

Hello, Dokusha (Readers)! Time for our chapterly facts on Nakamura Miyu!

1: She was closer to Nakamura (Akibara) Shinya than Nakamura Haruto, her brother.

2: Her favourite food is Tonjiru (Literal meaning: Pork soup).

3: Miyu has good acting skills and language skills.