Valentines Day Special

Start from the beginning

Oliver is hesitant before finally taking a deep breath. "Alright fine, I'll stop for now. But just to be clear, I'm the man in the house, I'll be giving the dad talks around here." Oliver states, sounding serious. Ruby giggles, shaking her head. "Lets forget about what I said and continue on with the tea party!" Ruby exclaims, changing the subject and pretending to drink tea from her cup. Oliver and I laugh, copying her actions.

***********************************
    Oh my god. I'm speechless at the amount of flowers and boxes of chocalate near my locker-

Pfft, just kidding, I'm just fantasizing. Oliver and I haven't even made it to the school yet, we're still a few minutes away. Oliver is focused on the road, silently singing/rapping along to the lyrics of 'Walk it Talk it' that's playing on the radio.

"So, have you decided which cheerleader you're gonna ask to be your valentine?" I ask, breaking the silence between us besides the radio. "Why do you ask?" He smirks. "I'm not jealous if that's what you're thinking." I reply, rolling my eyes. He chuckles, "I know, I'm just messing with you." He sighs. "I don't think I'm gonna have a valentine this year." He says.

"Tch, join the club." I mutter. He laughs, "The cheerleaders probably already have valentines so what's the point." He adds. I nod, looking out the window. "Are you going to ask anyone?" He asks me, taking a right turn. "Nope." I simply reply, chuckling a bit and looking back at Oliver. He shakes his head, a humorous smile on his face.

We arrive in the school parking lot, looking around for other students until we exit the car, making sure no one sees us. Either we get here really late, really early, or we're just lucky?

"Oh, by the way," Oliver catches my attention as we walk to the front doors, "I'm gonna drop you off at home after school but then I have to go somewhere really quick. My mom will be there so you don't have to worry about being alone with Ruby, okay?" He explains. "Uh yeah, that's fine. Where are you going?" I ask. "Nowhere special, I just have to do something really quickly." He says. I nod and as soon as we step into the hallway, Oliver walks down the hallway to his locker while I stop by the beginning of another hallway and walk down that way.

Looking around at everyone, there are a lot of couples that I've never noticed before. I should probably pay attention more in school. I look to my locker and gasp when I see a box of chocalate and a bouquet of my favorite kinds of flowers, dahlia's. I rush over to my locker, utterly surprised to see that I actually got a gift from someone. There's a note attached to the bouquet which reads,

Dear Iris,
    I hope you don't mind me asking your friends what you like, I just wanted to get you something nice for Valentine's Day. Hope you like the chocolates!
                             ~Terrence Mccoy

I gasp again after reading the name. Woah, Terrence Mccoy actually got me something for Valentine's Day?! What the hell kind of alternate reality is this?!

People walking by also seemed shocked to see what I was given, they would ask who gave it to me and when I told them, they couldn't believe it. I reread the note over again to make sure I'm not reading wrong. I look up at the hallway again just in time to see Terrence walk by, winking at me. I just smile back, not sure what else to do. I am so confused.

***********************************
"Iris, I can't believe it! This is really happening, I'm so happy for you!" Kayla exclaims for like the fifth time now. She's still so happy that Terrence gave me gifts. It was awkward during second period since we share the same class then, we also have seventh period together. And, we do have lunch together, but he's always using this time to practice football.

"It's even more embarrassing each time you yell it out..." I mumble, feeling my face heat up. "Sorry, I'm just-" she grins, "-so happy, oh my gosh!!!" She squeals again. I shake my head, laughing. "Of course you are." I tease.

Then three more people take a seat at the table next to Kayla and me. "Soo Iris, we heard about Terrence giving you flowers and chocolates." Lucas grins, resting his head on his palm and looking towards me. "Yeah, is it really true?" Ross asks. "It's all everyone is talking about today." Adam adds, wrapping an arm around Kayla.

"Well..yeah, it's true." I say, embarrassed. "Aren't you lucky?" Lucas teases, smirking. "You must be happy about that," Ross says, chuckling slightly. I shrug, "I guess, I just don't know why he gave it to me." I say. "Maybe he just likes you." Adam points out the obvious reason to which the others all nod.

"But why?" I question, confused about everything. Never fall in love kids, it's very confusing and you start feeling weird. You need to digest those butterflies, don't let yourself be vulnerable to feelings because feelings suck. I'm just kidding...kinda. The group shrugs. Soon enough, it's the end of lunch and we all have to go to class.

************************************
I ended up avoiding Terrence all day, I was kinda scared to talk to him after what happened this morning. Oliver and I are driving in complete silence on the way to his house. He glances at the flowers and chocolates every so often. "So, you got those from Terrence?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. "Yep, these are from him." I answer for about the thousandth time today. "Right...well, I'm just reminding you that after I drop you off, I'll be heading back out again." He reminds me. I nod, looking out the window.

Oliver and I arrive at his house after a little while longer of driving. "Tell my mom I'll be back." He says. "Will do," I reply, hopping out of the car with my book bag and candy and flowers. "Drive safe." I call over my shoulder as I slam the car door shut and walk into the house.

"Hi Ms.Sullivan." I greet, walking into the room. "Oh hello Iris, who are those from?" She asks, smiling politely. "A friend from school." I tell her. "A friend, huh?" She repeats. I giggle, "By the way, Oliver said he'll be right back." I tell her. "Alright then, I'll be helping Ruby with homework if you need anything." She tells me, walking into the Ruby's room.

I take my shoes off at the door and then walk into the house. I put the flowers into a vase full of water. Walking into the kitchen, I grab some crackers and then walk upstairs to my room to start my own homework.

***********************************
There's a knock at my bedroom door. "Iris, it's me." I hear Oliver say from the other side. "Come in." I call out to him, putting my phone down. Oliver opens the door, peeking his head in. "I know it's a bit late in the day to give you this but," Oliver opens the door wider to reveal a large cage with a gray bunny inside.

I stand up immediately, shocked that he was giving me a valentines gift. Especially the fact that it's a bunny, to be specific, a Holland Lop. I quickly make my way over to Oliver as he sets the cage down by my door. "Where'd you get it? How'd you get it? Why'd you get it?" I question him, admiring the bunny. "I went to a pet shop and bought it there, I got it because you said you've never had a gift before so I felt bad. I was hoping to be the first person to give you a gift...then Terrence-"

I cut Oliver off with a hug,"-thank you." I say, tears threatening to spill, remembering my old bunny and the fact that Oliver actually got me something for Valentine's Day. "It's no problem." He replies, hugging back quickly. "Happy Valentine's Day, Iris." He whispers to me, smiling warmly. "Happy Valentine's Day, Oliver." I whisper back, not letting go of him as tears start to roll down my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heyo! Sorry the ending isn't what you expected, I'm actually getting tired right now as I type this at 12am so yeah, I can barely keep my eyes open. But I'm glad that I was able to finish this chapter. If you enjoyed please like, comment, and leave feedback! Thanks! Bye bye💖

~FT