Chapter 1: Old Debts

Melanie was Sal's assistant for 6 months now. She loved her job, running errands for him and sometimes the other jokers if their assistants weren't around. She never laughed harder than when she was on set watching them embarrass themselves. She got along really well with all of the guys, often joking with them while they'd get their makeup done about what antics were in store for the day or jokes they played on people in the past.

Today in particular though, she was in for a treat. A few months back, Melanie made a bet with Joe. She ended up losing and was told her punishment would come later, at any given moment and she'd have to follow along with it. Much like the guys do on the show. Three days ago, Q had lost and was going to be punished. The guys already had their idea planned and walked into the office that morning with smirks on their faces, "what are you up to now?" Shelly, Murr's assistant, asked them when she spotted them walk in.

Joe answered, "we're planning Q's punishment for this afternoon. He's going to hate us!" He laughs loudly, the other two jokers chuckling along with him.

"I'm sure it's not as bad as your last one!" Melanie reminds Sal of his last punishment a few weeks back.

Sal shakes his head "ohh Melanie, it is soo funny you should say that."

She tilts her head towards him, not sure what he means. Joe adds on, knowing she isn't following along, "remember our bet?" He eye brows raised and his mouth forms a smirk.

"Yeaaahhh" she replies, starting to catch on to what Sal was meaning now.

"Well, it's time. You're gonna be in on this punishment!" He finally tells her what their smirking is all about.

She tries to hide the small grin forming on her own lips and attempts look annoyed, but she knows she has to do it, "well, just kind of in on it!" Murr jumps in and corrects Joe's wording.

"Kind of?" Shelly asks, "what does that even mean?"

"You'll get a few details but you'll just have to do what you're told." Murr explains further "you know the drill" he blatantly explains.

"This is gonna suck, isn't it?" Melanie asks, taking out a pen so she can take notes to the questions she wants to ask, hoping to get some answers.

The door opens and in walks Q, he looks up to everyone while wiping at his shirt "whatup assholes? No one could wait for me to change after spillin coffee on me?" He punches Joe in the arm when he reaches him. Melanie gets a head shake from Sal, telling her not to say anything. She sighs lowly, replacing the pen back on the desk. She decides to exit the room, needing to run a few errands before they put their punishment on her later that evening.

4 o'clock comes around and Melanie is getting her makeup touched up professionally before she has to leave to get mic'd up. Her hair was already curled for work so they weren't going to have to fix much. Sal comes into the room and walks over to her "so, please don't quit after this, you're the best assistant I've ever had!" He smiles, taking a seat next to her, waiting for his turn to be touched up.

 Sal comes into the room and walks over to her "so, please don't quit after this, you're the best assistant I've ever had!" He smiles, taking a seat next to her, waiting for his turn to be touched up

She shakes her head "I can dish what's being dealt, I'm happy to have this bet paid off too! Joe's been holding it over my head for too long."

When they are finished with her makeup, she stands to move farther away in the room, knowing another joker will be in soon for their turn in the chair. Her and Sal start to talk about the calls and messages she took today when Q walks in, "hey guys!" He says as the door shuts behind him.

"Hey, Lisa, make sure you use the water resistant face stuff. I have a feeling I'll be crying of laughter tonight!" Sal made it a point to say to the makeup artist, a large smile on his face as he looks to Q through the mirror set up in front of him.

Q shakes his head "you know what they have planned, Melanie?" He asks her, stopping to have a conversation "am I screwed?"

"I honestly have no idea, Brian! But I'm nervous for everyone involved." She replies, really wondering what the hell they have planned. She has sat in on some punishment plannings before and it always amazed her with what they came up with to keep things fresh for the show. All she knew was the restaurant/bar they were going to be at and the times the guys were expected to be there from.

He shakes his head, his freshly cut hair no longer shaking behind his ears "you look nice, got a hot date tonight?"

She shrugs back "nah, no date."

"How was your date yesterday? He asks her next, leaning against the wall smirking. He loves to flirt, and him and Melanie just go back and forth so easily.

Melanie shakes her head and chuckles "what date?" It's not unusual for the guys to make no sense, often using that as an angle to make a joke work for them.

He smiles "well, you looked nice yesterday as well. I just figured you had a date after work."

Melanie laughs from her stomach, knowing he's just trolling around with her. She plays along saying "I don't look this good for dates Q" She flicks her hair over her shoulder "I look this good for after the dates." And she winks at him.

Sal snickers from his seat while Q laughs back "if this is you lookin good for after your date, then I may need a few pointers." He opens his arms and does a spin as if to show off what he's working with, suggesting she help him.

"Well, you may need more help then I give you. But maybe I could make something work." She proudly smiles back, receiving an "ooh" from both men. "Alright, I got some things to do, see you guys later!" She stands and waves, leaving the room.

"What the hell was that?" Sal asks his friend once the door is shut and she's gone.

"What?" Brian asks in return, looking at him through the mirror with questioning eyes.

Sal shakes his head and rolls his eyes "you asked her if she had a date and she said no, so ask her out already!" Sal knows Brian won't ask her out right now but he still likes to rag on him.

It's obvious to everyone but Brian and Melanie that there's an attraction between them. All the jokers see the way they flirt, and they continually push Q to ask her out. Brian's mouth widens and he squints his eyes "nah, she'd never go for it."

"Whatever, pussy." Sal throws his hand at his friend and lets the makeup artist finish.