𝟎𝟖 ╸awakening

❨ 𝑨𝑭𝑰                           . . .                 𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 𝑖𝑖𝑖 ❩
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
━━━ 𝙱. 𝙱𝙰𝚁𝙽𝙴𝚂 / ❛ i may have the 
𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮 of a 𝙬𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙣, but i have the
𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 of a 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜. ❜

━━━━━━━━━━━━ ∘༄⋅°
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓,                        𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈

━━━━━━━━━━━━ ∘༄⋅°𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓,                        𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 !

BRUCE WAYNE HAD to deal with the deep bruises fighting Clark Kent made, stifling a groan when he moved; it felt like one of those bruises that went straight into the bone. Arthur had been mad and threw a table against a wall, so he had to buy a new one to replace it, and they all knew what he was so angry about; they resurrected Clark just for him to fly off with Lois. Diana had been sharpening her sword with a rock, sparks of orange flying everywhere as she did so. Bruce took off his cape and mask, wearing only the underclothes he kept on during his fights, and Diana turns a corner, seeing him struggle. She still wore her armour but had put this burgundy coloured cape that had fabric bunched up at the front, a brown leather belt cinched around the top of her waist.

When the billionaire pulled up the shirt, he gasped, feeling the action strain the muscles, Diana's eyes widening at the splotches of blue and purple colour his back. Bruce gripped his shoulder, sitting down on a chair, "Wait. Let me."

Diana walks over to him, "This is the latter place." The Amazon's legs carried her over to him, placing her warm hands on his shoulders and grabs his left arm, Bruce opening his mouth to speak. "So Clark seems to share your view on being woken up."

"He could've killed you," she replies.

"I was willing to make the trade," Bruce says, and Diana realizes that he had a soft side towards humanity, just like Stark and Barnes. All three were willing to die for the world that never really loved them, the world that pushed them off to the side and told them that they had to do this and do that, that they should never do what they want to do. All three were good men that were twisted to look like horrible men. Bruce takes deep breaths, ready to feel the pain of Diana's tug. "And bringing in Lois Lane?" 

"Remember what you told me about heart and hanger?" She pulls on his arm, the shoulder popping back in place with a bone-cracking sound. "I bet you thought I wasn't listening." He says the last part as a whisper. "Thank you." He strays away from her, "You know you can't do this forever." 

" I can barely do it now," he walks up to the dresser that held different scotches and whiskeys, "Steppenwolf. This is the job."

"It's my job," Diana replies, Bruce pouring in some whiskey into two glasses. "And I haven't been doing it. I've been reacting, not leading. You know what you said about Steve Trev ―"

"It wasn't my business, I'm sorry," he cuts her off, looking at her with his brown eyes. He knew he didn't have the right to throw something that someone held so dearly back in their face, especially a first love to a colleague. Diana sighs and starts walking closer to the rich man, "You're pushing me to lead the team, but leaders get people killed." He hands her a glass of whiskey. "I fought. Always. When I was needed. But to lead, to step into the light, and to say to people, 'this is worth your life'," she shakes her head, looking at Bruce, scoffing. "When it's your fault, they're all Steve Trevor."

"We make it through tonight, we can stay in the shadows forever," once a Bat, always a Bat. "Dress up like a bat, I won't even sue." They both chuckle.

"If we get through the night."