1. Wrong Phrase

Eragon POV

We were surrounded by Urgals. I pounded the first stone I picked up against the wall and shouted the phrase for entrance to the Varden. However,when I said this phrase,it felt much more powerful than some password. That's when I began to panic. I had said the wrong phrase. I didn't say a password, I used magic. I felt my breathing become heavy as I remembered Brom's warning that some spells,if I'm not careful, could severely harm me,or worse, kill me!

I could tell that Saphira realized this as well and starting a panic fit of her own as Murtagh stared at the both of us with worry and confusion clear on his face. I faced him to talk but as soon as I opened my mouth to speak a blinding white light encircled us. I felt Saphira grab both me and Murtagh from where we stood and enclosed her humongous wings around us.

I then immediantly felt the sensation of falling. I braced for impact as I felt Murtagh tense up behind me. We landed hard. So hard Saphira knocked down a couple of trees with her body, skidding across the Earth non-stop. When Saphira finally came to a rest, we stood and I looked in shock at Saphira's bloodied and torn wings. 

This may take a few days to heal I said to Saphira. You need to conserve your energy after that unknown spell,little one, who knows what may happen to you if you try to heal me right after a spell like that.

What spell was that,Saphira?

A spell to race through time.

"What?!" I said aloud. 

"What? What is it? Is something wrong,where are we?" Murtagh asked,worry evident in his voice.

"We time traveled!"

"What?" Murtagh asked in confusion.

I told Murtagh what Saphira informed me of. I watched as his face contorted in worry,anger,disbelief and panic. I was very much afraid of the outburst he would most likely have as he has been getting alot of those lately. 

"Ok,um,well what can we do to get back? Should we find what day it is first?"

That wasn't the response I expected but it was better than shouting all day. 

That would be wise. Commented Saphira.

We all jumped when we heard someone clear their throat. Me and Murtagh turned around to see a girl with a look of sheer horror and curiosity. She shifted from foot to foot as we stared at her as if she was some unknown creature. 

"Um...You almost crushed me." The girl stated bluntly.

Me and Murtagh looked to each other with confusion and uncertainty.

"Well...that would have been,"Murtagh paused to search for the right word,"unfortunate."

"Of course." The girl mumbled lowly before falling to the ground with a small thump.

Hello my readers, sorry its so short. Please don't forget to

vote

comment

Thank you for reading!!!