And Now What Will You Do

Start from the beginning

He looked like this morning’s road kill, dressed like he was attacked by some wild animal on his way here and scraped himself off the street to drag himself here after being left for dead. At least there was someone at this school that he could relate to even if they were complete strangers, but then again he doubted that that guy, Duncan if he could recall, had it harder than he did.

‘Verga was being targeted by that Vogue guy. I mean he left her notes all the time since their run in a while back right. So isn’t that all the more reason to go and look for her,’ Duncan said his voice going as soft as whisper as he took a seat on the floor, took frustrated to continue.

Verga?

Jason paused in his tracks at the mention of her name. He didn’t know her that well but it was impossible to live in Bayside and not know who she was. Bayside’s curious cat…

If memory served the last he had seen her was with the student body VP, it must have been probably four days ago to date…

‘Are you sure?’ she was practically bouncing with interest.

‘Would I lie?’ Andrew countered smoothly, ‘a lot of people are saying that they have seen real ghost in that building. But hey you don’t have to take my word for it,’ he handed her a slip of paper, ‘those persons are first hand eye witnesses you could go check out they’re stories.’

She glanced at the paper hiding her disbelief rather well, but Jason always had an eye for seeing the truth in an individual’s character despite how thick and skillful a façade they wore. Taking the VP for example he was like the peak of perfection and yet Jason could all but see the bestial hunger in his eyes, the twisted grin behind his pleasant smile and even the claws sheathed by those gloves he wore.

He was a wolf in sheep’s clothing and Jason would be lying through his teeth if he said he viewed Andrew as anything else. Even from where he stood outside the classroom with his hand on the knob he could tell that there was clash of facades playing out before him, a game of deceivers and the deceived.

He sighed he was in no mood to find out which was holding the short end of the stick. In the end one of them would be dead soon and that was all that mattered, and that was a simple fact he could not change.

Well you could say that now you know who got the short end.

‘Duncan, can’t you go one day without breaking the school rules,’ the voice of Andrew had him glancing over his shoulder.

Well speak of the devil…

‘Can’t you read,’ he yanked Duncan’s phone from his hand, ‘no using cellphones in the hallways during exams, ’Andrew said tapping a finger on the sign on the wall depicting a cellphone with a red X drawn through.

‘Look its urgent alright. I just need a few more minutes,’ Duncan said getting to his feet, ‘Verga as you should know by now hasn’t been found yet and-,’

‘And nothing, Verga has been known to be like this always running around for kicks and returning when it suits her. She has always returned hasn’t she, so there’s no need to worry. I can bet she’s off on another adventure or another as close to death as she has always been,’

‘But it’s been close to a week now-,’

‘Duncan no buts, how hard do you think she’ll laugh at you for being so idiotic when she gets back, worrying your head off for nothing. Honestly if I didn’t know better I’d say that you were acting like her mother or … is it that you’re her lover, a secret admirer perhaps,’

‘None of the above,’ Duncan growled grabbing his phone back with a raging blush doing wonders for his pasty pale skin.

‘Out of sympathy let a professional offer you some advice unrequited love is always the most brutal,’ Andrew turned to leave on that note, ‘and by the way Duncan, if I catch on that phone again, confiscating it will be the least of your worries,’

Jason sighed again deeply, continuing on his way. My, my, it’s exactly as one would predict that a killer would say right after helping to murder the very person he spoke so highly of. Usually a conversation overheard like that often lead to another body being found hacked to pieces in an abandoned warehouse the following day or being pulled onto shore out of Bayside lake.

Duncan was being threatened, targeted perhaps, and didn’t even know.

Jason’s mind wondered to thoughts of the chaotic future to come.

Well now Duncan what will you do?…

At this stage in the game it was either do or die.

This time, he wondered, genuinely curious, which end of the stick Duncan was holding. But then again he was in no mood to actually find out. In the end one of them would be dead soon and that was all that mattered, and that was a simple fact he could not change.

Hello everyone

First off thanks for reading, this it’s truly an honor to have your read till thus far.

My love goes out to everyone at this point.

I’d love to hear your views on this chapter mainly because this was not the original chapter set for the story, however it was the most appropriate for introducing the next set of characters.

 If you so desire I’d be glad to add the original chapter exclusively if you are interested in finding out how this would have played out differently.

I sincerely hope that you enjoyed this enough to like/vote for it and if you do or don’t I’d still want to hear your views. To me your opinion mattersJ

Thanks lots dearests.

Cheers v.v