Sheriff of Nottingham and running away.

Chapter 1: Sheriff of Nottingham and running away.

Chelbell2016:

I am thinking of doing some movies now.

*Brenda of locksley*

Brenda's POV:

I am sat studying in my fathers office. He has insisted that after my afternoon combat training and bow practice that I take an hour or two into my studies. I agreed grudgingly otherwise he would not let me do either.

I hear him begin to prepare the letter that will help him free my arrogant brother. Robin was a pain before he left but he is still my brother so I hope they free him.

After he was finished writing the letter he approached me.

"Hows it coming?" He asks gently stroking my hair.

"Nearly finished," I say smiling up at me. "Seeing as its not due till the day after tomorrow can I finish later? I was thinking we could do something together."

He chuckled before nodding. "Okay lets-"

Before he can finish there is a commotion outside. My dog growls as he is disturbed by the noise.

"I WILL SEE HIM I TELL YOU!!" Somebody yells as my father gets to his feet but motions for me to stay sitting. "GET OUT OF MY WAY!!"

"STOP THERE!!" Duncan tells him.

"HELP ME MY LORD!!" The visitor an old man who is bleeding pleads with my father.

Duncan approaches and grabs the man from behind.

"You should have waited!!" He tells the man. "I'm sorry you were disturbed master and lady Brenda."

I just watch as my father speaks to Duncan. "Duncan its all right. Let him go."

The man walks forward and I can see that he looks completely frightened. It worries me about what could have frightened him so much.

"They've taken my Gwen," he says to my father. "My daughter."

My dad glances at me before asking the man. "Who's taken her?"

"Men on horses, in masks," the man says and I frown not knowing anyone like that. "We tried to stop them but- my son he's dead. He's dead."

That sets my father off and he quickly moves over to the man. He reaches for his sword and I begin to worry.

"Father," I say and he turns to me. "Don't go out there I have a bad feeling about this."

He smiles and strokes my cheek. "I will be back soon. Stay here."

He leaves. I do not listen. I quickly head for the highest tower. I gasp as I see my father surrounded by men in white cloaks on horses and wearing masks.

They are all holding flaming torches.

I hear the man who said his daughter was kidnapped say something. I am so worried.

The leader of the horsed me takes off his mask. I gasp as I glimpse the face of the sheriff of Nottingham.

"YOU!!" My father says appalled.

"Locksley," the sheriff replied and I wonder what he wants.

"The king shall hear of this!!" My father says.

I begin to run down the stairs grabbing my bow and quiver on the way. I may only be thirteen but I can still fight to help my father.

"GOD AND KING RICHARD!!" I hear my dad yell.

I race faster but just as I get there my father is surrounded by the men and they attack. I scream but before they spot me I see two arms grab me around the waist.

As we get to the stables I see that it was Duncan.

"DUNCAN!!" I yell trying to return to my father. "What are you doing? I have to go help father!!"

"You can't help him now!!" Duncan says and I see him bringing Ebony out of his stall. "You need to go. Before they find you!!"

He shoves a saddle and reins onto my horse before turning back to me.

"Lady Brenda!!" He says and I don't let him finish as I hug him. "I hope you stay safe Lady Brenda but you cannot stay here."

He hands me a bag with some food in and then he lifts me onto my horse. He slaps the hindquarters of Ebony and we go racing out of the barn.

I feel tears come to my eyes as I glance back at my home one last time. Then Ebony gets faster and I decide there is only one place to hide.

Sherwood forest.

*Brenda of Locksley*

Chelbell2016:

Okay short first chapter but I hope you like it. This is mainly to fill times between my series fanfictions.