"Excuse me," Sapphire gave him a flat look. "I don't see you complaining when you makeout with me almost every minute."

Stunned, the Sean blinked. "Touché," the boy remarked, raising his eyebrows in agreement but still looked disgusted. "Wanna go for a walk?"

"With all of this food going to waste?" The girl pointed out to the table brimming with different food.

"Point taken. Let's eat!"

This date was simple yet enough to just spend time with each other genuinely. Sapphire didn't want anything grand or luxurious, spending time with her boy like this was enough to make it a great night. She'd rather pick talking and talking and talking and having fun and eating over being prim and proper at restaurants. Not that the latter wasn't great too in its own way.

But what matters is that they're with each other, and everything's going to be fine.

"I feel like my stomach's going to explode any second now," Sapphire looked down at her stomach, rubbing the bloatedness of it.

"Same," the boy agreed, groaning at how he felt so full.

The couple was now walking their way to wherever the infamous carousel is, but they were taking their time as they wanted to drink in all the sights, especially the art, the place had to offer. Beautiful citylights, amazing art littered down the sidewalks, and literally just being with each other while seeing all of this? A concept.

Their hands entwined with each other, walking in comfortable silence while the distant sound of car horns served as their background music.

"Sean?"

"Yeah?" The boy looked over at the girl, who was already staring at him.

"I have a question," the girl bit her lip, unsure if she should really ask or it's too corny to take seriously.

Sean smiled, "shoot."

Okay. This is going to be extremely cliché and all but, "why did you pick me?"

The boy's eyebrows furrowed, pausing in his steps while the girl followed. "What do you mean?"

"Why did you pick me?" The girl repeated, her cheeks tinted a slight red and it's not because of the chilly weather. "You could've chosen someone prettier, less obnoxious, pleasant, less loud, less annoying, and less like... me. You could have Kaycee, or Tate, or Jordyn, for God's sake. Oh God, this sounds awfully narcissistic now that it le--"

"It's because you're you." Sean simply stated, looking at the girl with a smile that made her heart skip a beat. "Sapphire, I don't want anyone prettier, or more gentle, or less annoying, or anything else that you have said. I want you, God, I love you, and your annoying little antics, your fired up comebacks, your honest mouth, your beautiful little face, your heart-on-your-sleeve thing, and your genuine and fun and lighthearted personality that could fucking make my day, or night, or life brighter than any light that exists. All of those things made up this brilliant and amazing person infront of me. All of those things made me slowly fall inlove you, and I won't have it any other way.

"I meant every word I wrote back in every letter in that surprise, Sapphire, I really did mean all of that.

"I won't even think about asking for anything other than you, Saph, because really, you're the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I would be so dumb if I looked somewhere else.