Chapter 24: Titan

Start from the beginning

Hubert slowly looked over to Rex. "I'm feelin' good Mr. Manzano!" he shouted as he brought down both his fists onto the medical table. The metal table bent and shattered into three pieces.

Suchong re-positioned his glasses. "I will be expecting payment for that."

Rex burst out laughing and nodded. "Of course good doctor, don't you worry, with the money we're gonna make tonight you'll be well compensated." The small old man looked at his new fighter. "And this stuff isn't traceable right?"

Suchong nodded.

"Excellent." Rex smiled evily. He rubbed his hands together. Already he could smell the money. Tonight The Alabama Bruiser would lose his winning streak.

It had been three days since Henry's fight with Mack the Knife. His shoulder was still stiff and his eye was still bruised but he was more than ready to get into the ring. This was it. His final fight. The match that would determine if he could adopt Elizabeth and Jenny. 

"It all comes down to this." he whispered. "No turning back, no mercy, no fear. This is for you two, you deserve so much more than what you have. Liz, Jenny, I'm winning this fight, and we'll all go home." He walked into the hideout. Fontaine was waiting for him.

"There he is, The Alabama Bruiser! Hank how you been eh?" Fontaine asked with a smirk.

Henry shrugged. "Ready to fight."

Fontaine chuckled. "That's what I like to hear! But you really gotta listen in on this one. The guys we're goin' up against our no fuckin' push-overs. Rex Manzano has been in the mob business for years so be expectin' a load of dirty tricks. His fighter, "Titan" as the call im' is one of the meanest, bloodthirsty bastards I ever saw. He'll come at you like a fuckin' rhino and stomp on you till your guts come out your eye-sockets. Don't let that happen, stay light on your feet, and knock that fucker out, ya hear?"

Henry nodded.

"Good, may God be with ya Hank."

The referee came out to the ring and called for the fighters to enter the area.

Henry walked into the ring, the crowds of people cheered and wooped his name. He raised a fist to his adoring fans. Looking out into the stands he saw, once again, Annabelle was in the same spot she'd always been. Beside her was the fat and humble figure of Louis. Henry and Annabelle had gotten to know each other over the past couple of days and on one occasion he had decided to take her to Timmins' Diner. After having the best milkshake of her life, Annabelle got to meet the big southern cook. The three of them had an entertaining night, joking and exchanging stories. Henry had made two wonderful friends. Both had shown up to support his final fight. His final push towards those girls. What Henry didn't know was that both Louis and Annabelle had put down all their life-savings on this match for him to win.

"Ladies and gentleman." the referee started. "Tonight will be one to remember, in the left corner we have the winning-streak champ, tough-as-nails, bare-knuckle freedom-fighter, The Alabama Bruiser!"

The crowd roared.

"But will this man be able to stand up to his greatest challenge yet? Ladies and gentlemen, you've heard of him in stories, he's the stuff of nightmares, the brutal brute, the bloodthirsty barbarian, give it up for...TITAN!"

And with that, the biggest man Henry had ever seen stepped into the ring. His hair was long and messy. A tattoo of a shark biting an angel was visible on his chest. The man's muscles were bulging, as if they were about to burst. Aboslutely massive and terrifying. This man was something unreal. Henry didn't care, he had to win. He walked to the middle. So did the giant man.