☽ chapter 1 : here

"Mamá, no quiero ir a la escuela hoy, apenas sé inglés" (Mom, i don't want to go to school today, I hardly know English) Carla said to her mom , "Está bien Carla, te tengo un tutor " (it's okay Carla, i got you a tutor) said her mother "Ugh Mama, bye, I am leaving para la escuela " (For school) she replied to her mom

*time skip to school*

Carla arrives to school with the little English she has, she sees a guy with beautiful hazel eyes, curl black hair wearing and Dodgers jersey, baggy blue jeans and black PF flyers. He walks up to her and says "¿ Eres Carla?, soy Benny, tu tutor" ( are you Carla, I am Benny , your tutor) "I know some English you know, I just have a weird way of talking English because of my accent and grammar" said Carla to this mesmerizing boy "Well I just assumed you didn't know because your mom wanted me to teach you" said Benny "Well I do not need you" "you need a friend though, right? " "I guess I do" "Well, what's your first class" "Mr. Johnson, Home room" "Great, me too, I'll show you there "

*walks to class*

"Good morning class, this is homeroom , first class of every day of this year, so get used to it" Carla already knew this was going to be a long year , especially with Benny. "So here are your planners that you write in , things like homework, due dates, exams, and other assignments" "Do you need to know what to write down" said Benny "¡Ay Dios mío! , I'm not stupid , Benny , stop assuming things " (oh my god) "Okay, Okay, I'm sorry Carla, I won't assume again, just tell me when you need me, I'm always here" "Of course you are "

*time skip to lunch"

Carla looks for a lunch table and finds an empty one next to a group of boys. She realizes there is a lot of Hispanics and feels a little at home, but yes, there is other kids that are Caucasian. She sits at her table by herself until a tall white boy with brownish hair and brown eyes walks up behind her with 2 other boys and says to her "hey there new girl, I'm Phillips, I hear you're from Mexico, what's your name? Maria? I like that name it matches you" "Th-th-th that is not my name" Carla tried to reply. "Oh, does little Maria not know English" "I-I - I do, but not completely" "St-st-st-stutter much?" Carla starts to feel scared and can't make out words, "Shut your trap Phillips" she hears all of a sudden, she turns around and there he is, Benny. "What are you gonna do about it Rodriguez" Phillips replies "I'm gonna pound your face in if you don't leave her alone" "whatever rodriguez, let's motor boys" Phillips and his friends leave. "Hey are you okay, did they touch you at all" Benny said to Carla grabbing her hands , "I am fine , thank you, but why did you do that for me ?"