"It's not that, I'm not agreeing to that kind of set-up; I'm agreeing to it, but I want to be in a separate room from Kei; that's all I've ever asked," you stated emphatically.

Your parents exchanged a look, as if they expected you to refuse to share a room with Tsukishima despite the fact that you're already married, but you're not going to change your mind that easy.

"I understand," Tsukishima answered.

"This time, (Y/N)-chan, I'll be living with you," Akiteru remarked.

"What about Shin-niichan?" you asked your parents.

"We think Shin deserves a long vacation to wherever he wants," your mother said, smiling.

"Don't worry, (Y/N)-chan! Leave Keiko-chan to me and you both do your thing," Akiteru remarked.

You remained silent as your parents and the Tsukishima's discussed. Your thoughts were elsewhere, wondering how your life would change now that Kei was in your daughter's life. Kei realized how deep you were in your own thoughts, saw the worry in your eyes, and decided to break you out of your concentration.

"Mom, Dad," Tsukishima addressed your parents. He bowed low in front of them. "I'd like to take this opportunity to ask for your forgiveness for what I've done to your daughter and my wife; I know I'm beyond forgiveness, but please accept my apology; I'm going to prove to you that I will never be defined by my mistakes again."

"Kei, sweetie, we already forgave you a long time ago," your mother, Elaine, assured Kei.

"Yes, we were disappointed by what happened, but right now, all we want is for our granddaughter, Keiko, to have a complete family; I know this will be difficult for (F/N), but I know she will choose what is best for her daughter." Your father gave you a look before returning his gaze to Tsukishima.

Kei agreed to buy goods after your meeting with your parents and in-laws in preparation for moving in together. He planned to remodel one of their new apartment's rooms. He intended to turn one of the rooms into Keiko's bedroom. He took advantage of the occasion to ask you if you could assist him with the purchases because you are more familiar with your daughter than he is.

You reluctantly agreed to accompany him on that particular day. Kei's eyes are fixed on the road as he drives, and you keep silent in your seat. Akiteru offered to look after Keiko back at your brother's house while the two of you went to run a few errands.

"So," Kei continued, "I know we don't interact much in school, but how have you been? You started attending our classes, and I hope that taking those advance classes has helped you catch up with our lessons."

"I've been better," you said quickly, your gaze fixed on the scenery going by outside the car window. "You? I mean, you've been dropping by our house more frequently, even after volleyball practice, to visit Keiko, and you also have work every now and then,"

"Well, I've got this knack for time management; as long as everything is in order, I'm fine."

"I heard you gave up your academic scholarship," you said.

"I still have my sports scholarship, and my grades are high enough to keep it; besides, it's the only way I can sever my ties with Nanami, which is one of the reasons I'm in this kind of messed up situation."

"How did you end up in the modeling industry? I didn't think you'd be the type of guy who would go for it because you're mostly annoyed with people paying attention to you," you joked.

"Well, it started off as a part-time job because, as you know, I wanted to live independently from my parents, so I juggled school, volleyball club, and a part-time job during first year. Then my current manager discovered me during the school's festival when I was forced to join the pageant and offered me the job; the advantage is that I can control my schedule."