• Chapter 1 •

Previously:

It was peaceful and quiet at this part of Indian Hills which is surprising considering Bijoux was here.

The sun was setting and it cast a nice pink and purple with yellow across the sky, making me smile.

I snapped a quick picture and decided to send it to Juice so he could let Jaime watch the sky. As I was about to press send I walked into someone causing me to drop my phone.

"Shit" I said as I leaned down. I got back up, looking at the person who I bumped into.

"Dad?"

I just stared at him as he stood in front of me, a nervous look plastered on his face. "Kayla" My dad basically whispers as he takes his sunglasses off, putting them into his pocket.

"Why're you here?" I asked, slightly raising my left eyebrow. "Indian Hills charter got themselves into something, we came up to help" He told me. "You're president now?" I changed the subject as I saw that the patch on his kutte had changed. "Yeah, Clay stepped down" My dad replied and I nodded slowly.

There was an awkward tension as we both stayed silent for what seemed like ten minutes, but was actually a few seconds. "We miss you" My dad finally chirped and I glanced up at him. "Come back?" He then asked a bit quieter. "I can't. This is my life now. I moved away so that my family wouldn't be put in danger, you of all people should understand that" I replied, emphasising the 'you' and looked down for a second. "I can't and I won't risk Jaime's life, I want her to have a normal childhood" I then continued as I looked back at my father.

He sat down on the bench beside us and he looked up at me. "Everything has went to shit since you left, Kayls. You were the glue and in all honesty, I would say that you deserve this president patch. There's no more heat within the club anymore, it's safe" He said and then pulled a cigarette from his packet.

"How can you tell me it's safe when 2 seconds before it you told me everything went to shit since I left and that you're also here because Indian Hills charter got themselves into stuff?" I scoffed and shook my head at his attempt to draw me back in. "Indian Hills shit won't follow us back to Charming" My dad replied. "And what about how everything has fell apart?" I asked. "I don't mean with another club or gang, Kayls. I mean within the club, nobody recognises anyone anymore" He turned to me and I sighed.

There was a few seconds of silence before I spoke again. "As much as I miss all of you, I don't think I could come back... Everyday that I wore that kutte, was a day that I had a target on my back. I still do, just for being a Teller" I explained to my dad. "I need to go, Jax. I was on my way to meet a friend before this encounter" I said and he nodded. "Please, just think about coming back. You know where we are" He said to me and kissed the top of my head before turning and walking the other direction.

short chapter butttt it's the sequel that is a year over due hahaha

the other chapters will be longer i just didn't really know what to fill this chapter with - T x