Chapter Thirty-One

Start from the beginning

     "Oh, Peter . . ." Calypso sighed sadly, but he was too far away to hear her.

     "That was sad." Pandora said absentmindedly. "Oh! I just had an idea. See you later."

      Pandora rushed off leaving Calypso and Dorcas beside one another. Dorcas grabbed Calypso's elbow and pulled her back inside the castle to another empty classroom where they could talk.

      "We haven't had a chance to talk since you've been attacked, but I really need to talk to you because I . . . well, I haven't talked to Marlene yet."

      "Dorcas!" Calypso said. Dorcas waved her hand. "You need to talk to her. She's probably freaking out. You don't have to start dating her right away, but you should at least say something."

       "I know. Ugh, I know, but I've always had a hard time being straightforward with someone I have feelings for. That's why Benjy and I were so off-and-on because communication has never been my strong suit. You know that and that's why we're best friends because I don't have to say much for you to understand what I'm thinking." Dorcas said.

        "I know that, but Marlene doesn't know that. Just talk to her. It'll probably be better than you think it will be." Calypso said. Dorcas nodded her head.

        "Enough Marlene talk. Have you figured out what you're going to do yet?" Dorcas asked. "You know we have to meet with Professor Flitwick in May for career advice."

         "I know." Calypso sighed. "I don't know. Auror, maybe? I want to help fight in the war. What were you thinking?"

        "I've been thinking about going into Magical Law." Dorcas said. "I'd be able to take the Magical Law N.E.W.T. class next year too. There are some brochures on the board in the common room we could pick up to help you find something."

        "Good idea, but I have to go to the Gryffindor common room to study with the boys so I'll pick something up after." Calypso said.

       She and Dorcas left the classroom and she went to meet her study group. She promised the boys that she'd be able to meet with them twice a week to do homework and study for their O.W.L.s, but she also met with Lily, Alice, Marlene, Mary, and Emmeline once a week to study too. She had a very tight schedule this year while she juggled everything which explained why she wasn't getting a lot of sleep.

        Calypso let out a big yawn when they moved onto Charms after spending an hour on Care of Magical Creatures.

      "Why are you so tired? This is the tenth time you've yawned in five minutes." Sirius asked her.

      "I'm exhausted. I've been up all night preparing for Quidditch trials, I have Prefect duties tonight, and between the major course load they're giving us, I haven't had much time to sleep." Calypso explained.

      "You could sleep for a bit. I've heard my shoulder is pretty comfy." Sirius patted his shoulder. Calypso laughed and watched as James attempted a backflip for some reason.

       "I would, but Aerin and I have been seeing a lot less of each other lately because his band is doing really well ever since they played on the radio." Calypso explained. She gathered her things together and let out another yawn. Sirius watched her with an unreadable expression on his face. "What? Why are you staring at me like that?"

       "Are you happy with him? With Aerin?" Sirius asked.

      Calypso frowned, thinking the question was a little out of the blue.

      "Yeah. He's really great. I really like him." Calypso said. Sirius nodded his head. "Why do you ask?"

       "No reason. I just . . . I want to make sure you're happy." Sirius said. Calypso smiled at him.