Chapter 2

Who Did This, My Love?

~Two~

“What happened to Achyls?” asked Chryseis, one of the eight little children and a girl of six and a half years.

“Yeah, Hadrian, what happened to her?” asked Charon, another of the eight kids and the oldest at nine years of age.

“You'll find out soon and you should already know that. I've told this story so many times,” I replied a little amused by their forgetfulness.

“We know, but we keep forgetting,” they replied groaning by the answer I gave them.

“Keep tewing the stowry, Hadrwin,” said Cerberus, in a baby voice, the youngest of the eight kids at four and a half years of age.

“Ok, now don't ask questions that you should already know the answer to,” I said smiling warmly at them.

“OK!” they shouted eagerly.

Petros picked up Achyls and began to shake her fiercely. He shouted at her to wake up, but she

didn't move.

“ACHYLS!” screamed Petros with tears rolling down his handsome face. His beautiful steel gray eyes filled with tears making them shine from the sun's rays beaming down upon them. He looked at

his precious Achyls with so much sadness and grief. It looked as if she'd just been killed and he was mourning her death. He stood from where he sat hugging, shaking, and rocking his love and carried her till he was to the river where they had been before they entered Athens. He set her down by the river putting his bag under her head to keep it up and took out his hand from behind her head. He looked at his hand surprised and worried because it had blood on it.

“Did she get hit by a rock?” he asked himself out loud. He turned her on her side to see that she had a somewhat large cut on the back of her head. The bleeding had stopped, but she was still unconscious. He watched her as she slept a very peaceful sleep, the most peaceful she'd every had.

“Wake up soon, Achyls, please,” he said softly to himself worrying about her even more every second she slept in this coma. He looked at her lovingly, as he silently urged her to open her eyes. So he could see those beautiful dark green eyes. It felt like years, but suddenly Achyls started to stir.

“I'm sorry, Athena,” she whispered still kind of asleep. She stirred and eventually opened her eyes.

“Master?” she asked, trying to make out the figure leaning over her crying.

“Achyls,” he said slowly, unsure she was awake. “What is this I feel in my chest? Relief? But, Why?” He asked himself, unsure of what this feeling was.

“Let's go home, Achyls,” Petros said, annoyed with himself for caring so much for his servant. The person beneath him. He was a noble and he should never feel this towards his servant. So he decided what he would do.

Petros and Achyls arrived at the mansion in which they lived. Petros walked in ignoring Achyls the

entire time.

“Young Master, you are back. How was your trip?” asked one of the many servants of the house of Zinovia.

“Fine,” he replied simply, moving the servant aside and walking to his room.

“What'd you do to young master, Freak?” asked the servant, who glared at the other female that stood a few inches shorter.