Introduction

Introduction

Let me introduce you to a scenario. What if, in the future, the United States of America become a totalitarian state with tightly controlled media and re-education camps? What if our future is destined to be watched and followed by a Big Brother machine, a singularity, an omnipotent data collection factory? Every thing we'll do, every move we'll make, our locations, our memories, all will be recorded and reviewed, and will be used for or against us.

It's already happened. At least, the "collection" part has occurred. The NSA and the USA PATRIOT act have turned the country into the age of citizen survellance. 

What if, in the future, speaking out against the government is a crime? But if the government can watch you 24/7, anything can commit you into prison. What can we do then to protect our freedom of experession, and freedom of speech?

Our protagonist - 16 year old Maya Tang goes to prison from no fault of her own. How can she prove that she is innocent, when everything she ever did was there to prosecute her? How can she go against a government that writes its own laws and changes them as they please, just so they can get dissidents like her?

I seek to answer these questions in my novella. I want to find out how we can truly achieve democracy and freedom in an age when freedom is impossible. 

Put on your suspension of disbelief goggle, and let's find out together.